Will you still trade if If there is no leverage in Forex ?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Jack francisco, May 10, 2012.

1. You can't trade without leverage. Moves are too small. It would only be institutional players without leverage.

#11     May 14, 2012
    Evesmith likes this.
  2. cornix

cornix

Will just take a loan and use it as leverage. :p

#12     May 15, 2012
  3. I know somebody who "trades" like that, but holds his "position" for a year or more depending on the ccy he is switching into or out of.
    He is quite good at it.

#13     May 15, 2012
  4. mjb01

mjb01

Why do people ask dumb hypothetical questions?

If a bull were as docile as cows, would you pet one?

If drinking Drano wouldn't kill you, would you drink it?

If flowers were not pretty do you think people would still plant them in their gardens?

Some of you people really make me wonder......

#14     Jun 13, 2012
  5. I do not agree...There have been some interesting replies with a lot of info in them. We are here to discuss trading.

ES

#15     Jun 14, 2012
  6. Don't you think that is rubbing our face in it?

ElectricResidinginTheUSASavant

#16     Jun 14, 2012
  7. the first thing that came to mind is damn I'd stop trading with no leverage, it will be a bit meaning less for us small time retailers i guess :D

#17     Jun 14, 2012
  8. the answer is absolutely not. Since currencies are traded in pips, as one is 1:10,000, you need to have the ability to for leverage otherwise you would need huge amounts of money and your return on investment (ROI) would not worth the risk. :(

#18     Jun 26, 2012
  9. cornix

cornix

It depends. To keep risk in the sane limits (say 1-2% of the account equity) when trading longer-term from daily/weekly charts, you almost don't need leverage anyway, because 100-200 pips stop-loss @ 1:1 leverage would already be equal to 1-2% risk per trade.

#19     Jun 26, 2012
  10. pinfire

pinfire

I think I will not able to trade if tthere is no leverage. Leverage is most facilitating thing in forex trading that enables low investors to take part in trading . Without leverage many people will leave forex because it need high investment to trade with 1:1 in forex market.

#20     Dec 27, 2015