Will you buy timmay's hedge fund book?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by ghostzapper, Jun 29, 2007.

Will you buy Timmay's book ?

1. Hell Yes ! I can't wait

41 vote(s)
    10.3%
  2. Yes

85 vote(s)
    21.3%
  3. No

77 vote(s)
    19.3%
  4. Hell No ! I wouldn't pay a nickel for that crap

197 vote(s)
    49.3%
  1. Vol

Vol

Timmay aliases include:

1) TudorJones
    2) marketsurfer
    3) ghostzapper
    4) ElPrado

If you're going to go conspiratorial, you might as well go all the way!

#51     Jul 1, 2007
  2. 1. Once again, 7 up years is probly not a lucky streak. My drawdown is only 1.5 years--get your facts straight.

2. You know nothing about my trading, stop drawing conclusions.

1. Never claimed to be a bigtime hedge fund manager, the title of my book refers to my dreaming of one day becoming a hedge fund manager and my journey to try to get there.

2. Actually my lawyer thinks I'm crazy for turning down a $35k advance, but I'm an entrepreneur so I ran the numbers and bet on myself. Its called self-confidence, don't you wish you had it?

3. I agree the one man shops are a thing of the past.

Oh and GZ, I only voted once in your poll. I have no other aliases. Honesty--always.

#52     Jul 1, 2007
  3. volente_00

volente_00

The real question is

Why is 14 figure hedge fund manager ghostnapper envious of Tim ?

#53     Jul 1, 2007
  4. 1. No, 4 years up that you use to promoted yourself and then 3 more years of shit finishing up with the beautiful CYGT play! I think that part is the best. Losing $600k+ on an illiquid pink sheet play that you heard about from your roomate is funny shit...you were retarded to fall for that one. :D

2. Your trading? You're not a trader. You're a schmuck. You should stop calling yourself a trader...my conclusions are much more on point than your trading I'm sure. :D

#54     Jul 2, 2007
  5. JA_LDP

JA_LDP

Did I miss something? Why is everyone bashing Sykes?

Off topic, but I like that Alex Gerchik guy. He seems like a good, quality, non BS, family oriented dude. I like when he's driving his kid to school and is talking about making a million dollars. He asks his kid, "but you know what you need to do to get that kind of money? You need to get good grades, go to a good college, work harder than everyone else..." Quality guy teaching his kid well.

I laughed my ass off when he said, "A good husband is one who makes money faster than his wife can spend it."

#55     Jul 2, 2007
  6. My GF loved that part and nodded, made me feel kinda bad :(

#56     Jul 2, 2007
  7. 1. What kind of a sick person takes pleasure in other people's losses?

2. I repeat, you know nothing about my trading so you can't really conclude anything yet. Wait for the book--then if you have a problem, at least you'll be able to back it up with some evidence.

3. I'm a trader through and through--and no matter my past gains and losses, I'm still int he game and that what counts.

4. You keep calling me a schmuck because you think you know me from brief and highly edited TV appearances and articles. Again, wait for the book and then you can hate on me all you want--until then, you should footnote every one of your posts with "based on circumstantial evidence"

#57     Jul 2, 2007
  8. Well the show sort of made Sykes as some comedy relief to counter balance as what could of been a very uptight show. Yet the guy is actually doing something and trying to make some money buying and selling in the market. He wins, he loses ....... something that happens to anyone who decides to become a speculator. It is just that he hasn't been brainwashed and molded by working for some firm or corporation, he still maintains that boyish innocence and wonder which may be an asset than a hinderance as what the show subtlely trying to perceive.

Honestly Tim is probably no different from Ken Griffin. Griffin also started to trade from his dorm room at Harvard turning it into some six figure sum but using other people's money. He also joined the investment community by doing it himself bypassing working for someone. He was alot more abrasive compared to Tim. Ha ha, compared to Griffin, Sykes is a freakin' humanitarian.

Honestly what I don't understand is what is the purpose of that Sandra gal. Other than being the eye candy of the show, she doesn't really do jack. All she does is connect points A to B together introducing up and coming managers and connecting them to wealthy individuals and institutions. She doesn't even trade at all.

Alex Gerchik and Shannaz Hussein are the ones who impressed me the most of the show since they trade their own money. Not OPM but each and everyday they put their own ideas and money on the line.

#58     Jul 2, 2007
  9. 1. I'll happily take pleasure in your losses. Anyone who is such a self-promoting schmuck and then dumb enough to take tips and buy into illiquid pink sheets based on those tips deserves to lose their money. You're an idiot. :p

2. Who needs to know about your trading. You haven't even made money the last few years...apparently you're not very good anyway.

3. Yeah, for the last two years you've traded more money for less. You got lucky years ago, now you're a master of losing money. Whee! :D

4. Tim, I call you a schmuck because you've already written half a novel on this website and come across as a schmuck. On TV you seem like a huge putz, and your posting adds validity. And your trade in CYGT is one only a schmuck of the highest caliber could make.

You're an idiot. If you had so much going for you you wouldn't be using 4 year old data to promote yourself, you'd probably have more money, and you wouldn't be self-publishing some book about how no one was dumb enough to give you money.

#59     Jul 2, 2007
  10. At the end of the day, I'm guessing that most people here will buy the book. I suspect that even some of his detractors will do so as well. Just guessing, of course.

#60     Jul 2, 2007