Will you buy timmay's hedge fund book?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by ghostzapper, Jun 29, 2007.

Will you buy Timmay's book ?

1. Hell Yes ! I can't wait

41 vote(s)
    10.3%
  2. Yes

85 vote(s)
    21.3%
  3. No

77 vote(s)
    19.3%
  4. Hell No ! I wouldn't pay a nickel for that crap

197 vote(s)
    49.3%
  1. tim... tim.... timmay

[​IMG]

#31     Jun 30, 2007
  2. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Honest to god putting up a poll like this is the same as putting up a poll also asking if a young trader is going to go out on a saturday night and try to get laid. The likely reply is yes. Why, well the fact that he is a guy has much more to do with it than the fact that he is a trader, but having the money that comes with trading does not hurt. Likewise, most traders I know buy most books that come out on the market, even if they never read more than a few pages of them.

#32     Jun 30, 2007
  3. Ghostzapper,
    I hope you do realize that your “dislike” (aka sick obsession) of TS is actually going to sell more books for him than the numerous positive reviews that he has received...Do you really think Tim cares whether you like him or “dislike” him? Either way, his name is coming out of your mouth and you are doing a great job of marketing for him! Job well done GZ; I’m sure Tim along with his fans greatly appreciate your hard work.

#33     Jul 1, 2007
  4. andread

andread

Not that I'm rejecting the idea of buying the book, but when the book will be out I presume you'll still be managing your tiny little fund. So why can you answer all questions in the book but not now? Are you allow to disclose everything in a book but not in a forum?

#34     Jul 1, 2007
  5. Daxtrader

Daxtrader

Give him credit for being a good business man if not a good trader. He's just jumping on the opportunity that's presented to him. Most of you don't have the creativity or the balls to do anything. At least read the fucking book before forming an opinion. I know what it is, you don't want to spend $20 knowing that you'll just make tim richer, especially if the book sucks. Well then buy a used copy. Tim won't benefit from the sale of a used book. There you go, problem solved.

I can't wait to read the book. Hey tim, you have any copies left? I'll pay for one now.

#35     Jul 1, 2007
  6. EPrado

EPrado

Actually you are about as wrong as one can be. In all honesty Tim's reputation is taking a big hit on here as one of his friends(or him) is posting under the name Tudorjones and killing him. The problem here is that this moron(TJ) is just spewing stupidity and causing people who probably didnt give a shit to now have resentment towards Sykes. That will absolutely not sell books.

#36     Jul 1, 2007
  7. Admit it AH, you're not buying Tim's book not because you have this preconceived notion that it is going to be bad, but because your sorry shit can't read. Your Division I high school didn't have a "reading" class.

#37     Jul 1, 2007
  8. Wow--why would I vote more than once (which ET doesn't even make possible!)--I'm using this poll for research. Thank you for creating it GZ.

I'm glad people think my book its crap as they only know me from my stupid reality show and self-promoting articles. If I were them, I'd think this book was gonna be crap too.

But the few people that have read this thing all think its great so if the good reviews continue (see my latest post on my hedge fund book thread), even the doubters will be forced to give in just to satisfy their curiosity.

So, please go ahead and vote away!

#38     Jul 1, 2007
  9. EPrado

EPrado

Not at all ass clown.

I have no interest in reading a book where some immature kid makes very good money.....acts like an immature buffoon....runs into a very tough period...then tells everyone how much he learned and is now mature (and admits he acted like a buffoon).

In all honesty that doesnt really interest me. Seen a lot of cases like his.

For someone with your...ummmm..background you sure are an easy mark AC.

I am enjoying making you look like a complete idiot.

#39     Jul 1, 2007
  10. Ok.. believe whatever you want to believe AH.

But, you are probably are too dumb to realize this, along with a lot of other things.... :D

#40     Jul 1, 2007