Will you buy timmay's hedge fund book?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by ghostzapper, Jun 29, 2007.

Will you buy Timmay's book ?

1. Hell Yes ! I can't wait

41 vote(s)
    10.3%
  2. Yes

85 vote(s)
    21.3%
  3. No

77 vote(s)
    19.3%
  4. Hell No ! I wouldn't pay a nickel for that crap

197 vote(s)
    49.3%
  1. Nice spin Pinocchio. The rag mag is worthless, but it was YOU who took the time to try to discredit them! They only responded, as any attacked entity would do, by making your embarrassing, grovelling emails public. They fought back, and with the publication of your "pretty please let me goto the party" emails, they destroyed you. That's why you got a PR rep. You were getting crushed and needed help.

#1691     Sep 28, 2007
  2. Actually, to get ready for my book, I hired the PR firm a few weeks ago. Who cares if I sent them emails asking to go to the party, I'd already planned a whole night and their last minute BS messed up all my plans.

PS I think I hsatterd my reputation the first time people saw me in a bathrobe so who cares about this. This was a very calculated move since it's not easy to get exposure for a self-published book. Judging from my new contacts, it worked like a charm.

#1692     Sep 28, 2007
  3. spinoza

spinoza

So, Tim will be able to BS people much easier without that pesky track record.

#1693     Sep 28, 2007
  4. Ha, do you mean the track record where I'm still up 60x my oroginal investmnet after-tax? you guys seriously gotta give up on the 'Tim is a failure' BS--sure my hedge fund hasn't done as well as I hoped, but in no way do my numbers constitute failure. And not to rub it in, but nobody else is sharing their track records so even if I had a much worse track record, you're in no position to judge.

#1694     Sep 28, 2007
  5. spinoza

spinoza

Bingo! You were right BrightPropGuy!

Sykes has already forgotten that Cilantro is below 1%/yr. Almost like it never happened!

#1695     Sep 28, 2007
  6. OK Tim, then keep Cilantro Fund open!!

#1696     Sep 28, 2007
  7. think about it, why keep the fund open? after a massive drawdown and the public humiliation Sykes has suffered, his career as a hedge fund manager is over....who in their right mind would give a self described "cheap jew" with no risk management discretion over their assets? especially after seeing him on TV making a mockery of the industry and in general, acting like a jackass.

#1697     Sep 28, 2007
  8. Ah yes but if you knew the details of my story, you'd see I didnt use leverage (the one time I did, I lost $), and forgetting about my massive failued of an investment in CYGT, my strategies still work, as evidenced by me perfectly calling the top in JRJC yesterday.

Yes, the fund is down, and I don't claim to be an accomplished fund manager--but I definitely am a battle-tested fund manager and for giving helpful advice and telling wild stories, that is the key.

#1698     Sep 28, 2007
  9. Yes, thanks to starting with only $12K, you can make claims like 60X. Did "60X" work in soliciting sophisticated investors timmay?

Yes, you still may have about $600K-$700K left. Living in NYC, that'll buy you about 4-5 years. So you'd better come up with a money making career quick or hello Queens!!

#1699     Sep 28, 2007
  10. Ah yes, Tim, it will be nice not getting your performance audited. You can BS newbies and suckers more easily once you delete the record of your past five years of trading!!

There will be many more "perfect calls" from the BullShit Sykes express!! All aboard!!

#1700     Sep 28, 2007