Will you buy this dip?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by crgarcia, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Most are not bearish here, they just resist your ridiculous always long position.
    If you did some real trading instead of only paper you would tell a whole different story.
    Btw. you'r still down US$3000 per YM since last high.

#41     Nov 2, 2007
  2. So you hung in. Gutsy.

#42     Nov 2, 2007
  3. A lot of the bears disapeared since august. There were a lot more last year and during early august. Dow 10000 and so on predictions were made.

#43     Nov 2, 2007
  4. Wow what an impressive rebound

dow gains 110 points in the span of 45 mnutes

hope ya chumps covered

#44     Nov 2, 2007
  5. Some chumps made millions past few days short, so can you shut the fuck up.

Since July 2007, the s&p's have fallen 180 points in a one wave down, and 80 points down in another. This whole time all you've been saying is that markets won't go down and unfortunately, this isn't the case. There's more volatility now than in any period this past 4 years.

Your goog/bidu buy and hold play I admit are good longs. But you lose sight that there are huge bear markets in other areas of the market.

#45     Nov 2, 2007
  6. dude ..we were down almost 500pts between yesterday and todays bottom ... 130 point bounce is nothing ...

#46     Nov 2, 2007
  7. Please stop quoting stock_turder.

He says the same b.s. in every post. Put him on ignore and he will go away.

Stop feeding the troll.

#47     Nov 2, 2007
  8. piezoe

piezoe

Nice little covering rally at the close friday. Something that was absent Thursday. This is the beginning of the month and we could well see some buying this next week, or should it be this next "weak". The intermediate term , 6 to 18 months out, still looks down to me. I am expecting a "correction" eventually to around the 1280 level, but it will surely take quite a while to get there. Our earlier move into the 13 hundreds was just not enough.

Volatility so high, not just the past couple days, but for weeks now, is typical of unsettled periods when the market is "deciding". Looks now like 1570 may have been the top for a few years, but nothing surprises me when it comes to the market, especially during an election year, which we have coming up. One thing i've learned in forty years is that bulls die extremely hard. I first witnessed this in 1957 in Barcelona and the lesson learned has not been forgotten.

There should be excellent opportunities for investors to cherry pick banking and financial stocks though it might be best to wait until there are signs of life before wading in. Since it is impossible to pick bottoms, I wouldn't be critical of any long-term investor who wanted to start averaging down at this point in the financial sector. But, of course, be prepared for a long wait.

Has anyone besides me paid any attention to Diageo (DEO)? I can't think of a more recession proof stock than this with a nice payout, and offering some protection against dollar devaluation to boot. What a great stock for the grandmothers out there.

It has struck me that the silliest thing about Stck_tdr portfolio is that it is filled with mojo stocks that must be traded, yet he is seemingly taking the stance of a long-term investor. This can not lead to anything good in the long run as he will eventually find himself, unless he is extremely lucky, back where he began. There is nothing wrong with his stock choices, but to fill a long term portfolio with these mojo trader's stocks and then sit on them is rather insane in my opinion.

This market has been kind to me intraday. (i'm trading the Russell futures). Good trading everyone.

#48     Nov 3, 2007
  9. piezoe

piezoe

When i was being critical of Stc_Trdr's portfolio in my post above, I should have said "to fill a long-term portfolio entirely with mojo stocks...

Nothing wrong with a mojo or two in an investors portfolio, if they are stocks you really believe in for the long run, but to fill an entire portfolio with these mojo's and then sit on them scares me to death.

#49     Nov 3, 2007
  10. I will admit if there is a major market swoon my stocks will gt hit. Rimm and goog and bidu, so on will fall and I'll lose money but I'm already up so much for the year EVEN after the su called credit crunch last year.

I am expect sometime within the next two months before 2008 there will be a MAJOR 2-3 week rally that will push the dow to around 15,000, spooz 1600 and nasdaq 3000. This surge will come out of nowhere. One day the dow will add 260 points, and keep rising.

Everyone is getting tired of imaginary credit crunches and liqudity crisis just like in 1998 and will abruptly BID stocks HIGER.

#50     Nov 3, 2007