Will you agree?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rateesquad, Oct 28, 2007.

Will you support the war if we get the oil?

1. YES!!!

20 vote(s)
    51.3%
  2. No, I am a loser hippie.

14 vote(s)
    35.9%
  3. I am a foreigner, and US shouldnt use its power, ever.

5 vote(s)
    12.8%
  1. Nice language...

The "whiners" have run away from the Trading and other forums where this type of garbage thread is the norm. They psychology forum is for... oh, guess what... Psychology. It is one of the last few places on this board for some good threads. It is a pain to try to catch up and have to go through so much drivel before finding something of value to read or contribute to.

How very kind of you to chime in though with such a wonderous opinion... I can certainly say a lot here to get you going for the fun of it, but the time is better spent looking at some charts and doing the nightly homework.

Unsubscribed.... my complaints are an effort to try to keep the Psychology Forum as a sanctuary for those who really trade and are trying to figure out their mental edge.

Now go on... talk to the wall.... :D

#21     Oct 29, 2007
  2. Sorry if I offended you with the use of the word fuck, it was not my intention (as I very much enjoy that word!). Your reply did incite a chuckle ("How very kind of you to chime in though with such a wonderous opinion... "), and for that I thank you. I too like the psychology threads, but they seem to be lacking since the departure of our dear friend Hypostomus and some if his various aliases. That said, I cannot say I am attempting to fill the void he left, but I do think this is an appropriate discussion for psychology, despite the rather biased choices in the poll (in which I chose not to participate due to same).

#22     Oct 29, 2007
  3. Ahhh... That was a waste of my time.

Thread moved.

#23     Oct 29, 2007
  4. Will you support the war if we would get their oil.

The problem is in the wording is it ok to go to war for oil? is the question and the moral answer now is no. Will there be a day in the future when one nation might rise up and attack another for a natural resource? How about for water? It may happen sooner that we think. We are blinded by terrorism now if we could only live 200 years this thread might seem very timely indeed.

The initial aim of this war I believe was always to set up a forever base in the Iraqi desert a la Guantanamo or hanging out in Japan forever... by having planes right there it keeps Iran in line for the next 20 years. within that plan was the kickbacks and self engorgement to companies that began to unravel everything and the continued incompetence of the Iraq police force, the disbanded army, the insurgents, it's spiraled into the occupation everybody said it would like Algiers.

Now with the price of oil where it is it's not the worst thing to strike a LONG TERM deal with Iraq- the way Hugo Chavaz sells oil under market price- so should Iraq sell to us forever more, for defending them. Defending them from what you might ask. And then it gets deeper. Perhaps we are evil. But we are there and we surly are not leaving with our tail between our legs... So yes hook up a spigot and a tap and float tanker after tanker out of there. No. Don't go to war for oil . No. Don't support a war solely for that no. But too stabilize the middle east & ostensibly get the price of oil down in the long run? It's an interesting psychological question... I just might! ~ stoney

#24     Nov 2, 2007
  5. Good post.

"But too stabilize the middle east & ostensibly get the price of oil down in the long run?"

Yes, and also so in the future we don't get outbid for oil by China. They need it for mfg, we need it to drive to the mall.

#25     Nov 3, 2007