Will you agree?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rateesquad, Oct 28, 2007.

Will you support the war if we get the oil?

1. YES!!!

20 vote(s)
    51.3%
  2. No, I am a loser hippie.

14 vote(s)
    35.9%
  3. I am a foreigner, and US shouldnt use its power, ever.

5 vote(s)
    12.8%
  1. or waging war against them....

#11     Oct 29, 2007
  2. Do you have enough complaints now to move it? Baron is slipping a bit, I think.....

#12     Oct 29, 2007
  3. I would not agree that this is even a war. Wars which last any length of time usually have military objectives. The military objective was defeat Saddam Hussein and his standing army. The objectives that we are attempting to achieve are political. We are nation building and most conservatives want no part of that. Ron Paul is a member of congress and because of that to say he is a nut case is an oxymoron. But he correctly calls Bush on his pre-Presidency campaign remarks against nation building. Of course, Bush is no conservative, not on securing borders, fiscal spending, or domestic policies such as No Child Left Behind and Prescription Drugs. You would only call him a conservative if you had tunnel vision on such issues as abortion and gay marriage, issues which a President has very little impact on.<p> I would argue that in Vietnam we had more political objectives than military ones and that is why we came home with our tail between our legs. The politicians who ran the so-called Vietnam War were an absolute disgrace. Haiphong Harbor is NOT a natural harbor. It needs to be continually dredged if large vessels are to navigate it. WE NEVER TARGETED or BOMBED the dredges. Why not? Maybe because our so-called allies were profiting selling materials to the North. Where do I get the information to pose the question in the first place. I heard it posed by a distinguished retired General at the time by the name of James Gavin. I heard the assertion of all places on the Mike Douglas Show. Strangely, I never heard it refuted nor ever brought up again. For whatever the reason, our soldiers were sold out by the politicians. We were justified in bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki even with the horrendous death toll. But somehow a little more than 15 years later we did not have the moral will to bomb some dredges? <p>America was weak then, it is weaker now. <p>Politics and religion make for interesting debate, that said they have NOTHING to do with my particular approach to profitability in trading in U S markets.

#13     Oct 29, 2007
  4. akeyla

akeyla

Should never have gone there for starters. Now after creating a big mess, you can't just pull out cold turkey.

#14     Oct 29, 2007
  5. I thought the war made quite interesting television but you guys have completely fucked up the peace.

#15     Oct 29, 2007
  6. Hey Mod,

Just read these damn posts. You think this thread belongs in the Psychology section???

I can understand resident idiots creating a thread like this to kill time, but I've never seen a moderator do this. It's pretty hilarious actually. :D

#16     Oct 29, 2007
  7. Clearly this has nothing to do with Psychology. Not only that if not actually inflammatory it certainly appears designed to provoke. Move it to alt.letstalkgunghoBS.

P.S. don't forget to hit the complain about this post button.

#17     Oct 29, 2007
  8. Why does it bother you so much to have messages in the wrong category? Is this an issue with you in other areas of your life? :D :D :D

#18     Oct 29, 2007
  9. poyayan

poyayan

According to your suggestion, Hilter didn't do anything wrong then.

#19     Oct 29, 2007
  10. In response to the original post, no, I would not support it. Perhaps we should have siphoned some oil in the beginning to offset the expenses to liberate the people of Iraq (something I supported when there was evidence of WMD's), but it was "Mission Accomplished" back in '03, and 4 years later we seem to be doing nothing but spending money and breeding animosity in Iraq and much of the Arab world. Somehow we don't seem to be making any progress anymore.

Oh, and to the whiners, can I complain about their complaints to have the thread moved? Who gives a fuck, if you don't like the thread then don't waste your time with it and move on.

#20     Oct 29, 2007