Will we see an exodus of traders into Futures ?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by ElectricSavant, Nov 23, 2003.

1. What on Earth would lead you make such a statement? How is it any different from trading stocks? Leverage? Yes, but you don't have to use it. I have traded both, for myself and professionally, and futures as a whole are no easier or harder than stock trading. I prefer trading futures as there are less rules for execution, its cheaper, and has tax advantages.

As there are difficult stocks to trade, there are difficult futures to trade, but as a whole, no difference. I challenge you to show me many stocks that trend as well as bonds or currencies. Personally, I prefer ES as I like the volatility. Works well with the way I prefer to day trade (pullbacks).

Jay

#11     Nov 24, 2003
  2. nkhoi

nkhoi

what are you, a lawyer hater :D

ps: thank for those free lessons, keep them coming.

#12     Nov 24, 2003
  3. Well, I'll be moving to Pink Sheets:p

#13     Nov 24, 2003
  4. I really have to say I agree with what Scientist and Jayford said. In my 7 years of trading, I have traded listed stocks, nasdaq, options, and futures. I would not classify one type of trading vehicle "easier" or "harder" than another....they're just different. I say: Trade what you feel comfortable with and what you feel you have an edge in.

I trade ES and I do just fine. ES can be traded profitably and consistently. I know this is going to come off sounding like bragging, but I can't remember the last losing day I had in ES. Flame me if you want; that's what ET is for...LOL

Best,
    PEG LEG JOE

#14     Nov 24, 2003

5. I'm curious as to what your reasoning is here?

This is not to bash you or anything. I'm sincerely curious.

Dr. Zhivodka

#15     Nov 24, 2003

6. Greetings,

I'm curious as what you perceive to be the differences between trading shares and trading futures.

You obviously perceive that their are indigenous differences between the two tradables that make one more of a gamble than the other. What do believe that they are?

Thanks,
    Dr.Zhivodka

#16     Nov 24, 2003
  7. #17     Nov 25, 2003
  8. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I dont really think that shows a mass exodus of traders from equities to futures, it simply shows that this is a good product which is catching on.

#18     Nov 25, 2003

9. point taken......when I interviewed brokers during the PDT rule transition...there were 3 of them experiencing a sort of a "mass exodus" or should I say an "increased influx" of new applications for futures accounts.

Michael B.

#19     Nov 25, 2003
  10. I DID NOT SAY that there is already a MASS EXODUS out of Futures, I simply indicated that if someone really wanted to get off of there LAZY ASS and actually do a little bit of research, they could answer their question regarding this issue by simply following the volume figures that are posted by the CME and CBOT.

Enough said.

#20     Nov 26, 2003