Will We Have A 7% Or Greater Correction By August?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ByLoSellHi, May 9, 2007.

Will We Have A 7% Or Greater Correction By August?

1. Yes

32 vote(s)
    43.2%
  2. No

30 vote(s)
    40.5%
  3. Only If CNBC Commands Their Flock To Sell

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Correction? What's That?

10 vote(s)
    13.5%
  1. No more corrections ever. Print enough money and everything appears to rise.

#21     May 9, 2007
  2. The sad part of it all is YOU REALLY BELIEVE that you have found the answer.

#22     May 9, 2007
  3. Sadly ms and I agree. He Sounds like someone I know so well. But he has his dates wrong.

#23     May 9, 2007
  4. The longer before there is a correction, the more severe it will be.

#24     May 9, 2007
  5. I'm a big bear but no significant drop till October 17, 2007. The blackest Friday of them all. Can you say curbs in?800 point drop, then a 500 drop on Monday the 19th.

If and when it does drop, it won't be anticipated like it has been the last 2 months. Will catch you off guard and be a lot worse than Feb. 27th.

#25     May 10, 2007
  6. bluud

bluud

I'm confused, what is a correction? I Vote :D

As long as everyone is expecting a correction there will be no correction ... at least not in the short run ... see the big guys dont like scalping so when they buy they move the stocks to highest point possible then they short right before it reachs the top and they make sure they make as much profit on the downside as the upside :p

actually it does make sense, when you look at it S&P is trying to reach an all time high ... and when it does there will be even more buying ... so it will probably go some where close to 1650 .. or at least 1600 ... after all they have to create an upward trend in the S&P500

#26     May 10, 2007
  7. Why speculate about a correction? Just play the market as it is right now. Low risk setups every day. Worry about a correction when it's a reality, shut down your brain because it constantly tries to predict one behind every 0.2% drop in the indices.

#27     May 10, 2007
  8. Lol 50% thinks we will get a correction? This is anecdotal evidence that there is still too much fear out there, market tops are defined by euphoria, and not fear.

We will not get a significant correction, at least not in the near future.

#28     May 10, 2007
  9. Really? Isn't a market top defined by there being a top and turnaround in the market? That whole bullshit about "defined by euphoria, and not fear" is just some stupid old adage that you are ignorant enough to believe. :D

...and if you still can't understand that markets can top even if many are fearful, and clearly ET posters are not a sample of the majority in the marketplace, then you deserve to continue thinking that.

#29     May 10, 2007
  10. The market will let us know when it wants to turn around for good. Speculating when it will happen will not make you $$$ ... rather it will cloud your mind and probably end up making you less money.

#30     May 10, 2007