Will US become a retirement paradise?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by kashirin, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Why don't you go for vacation there???? if i were you,I would fly to Eastern Europe and visit the following countries:

Czech Republic - very nice
    Slovakia - nice but remote
    Poland - nice but is getting expensive
    Hungary - nice but the language will destroy you.
    Ukraine - remote anf far away fom proper Europe, but still nice
    Slovakia - very nice , next to italy in former Yugoslavia
    Estonia - nice but really remote - has flat tax

The rest of Eastern Europe is either too weird like Romania, Bielorus are unfamiliar to me (Lithuania, Serbia, Moldavia). i would concentrate on the ones mentioned above.

Good luck!

#31     Apr 20, 2007
  2. bluud

bluud

Thanks for the info ... also if you've been to Turkey how would you compare it with Turkey ... the closest (non-EU) country to Ukraine I've been to is Turkey that way I can probably get a better idea ...

#32     Apr 20, 2007
  3. Turkey is very different depending on where in Turkey you mean. for instance, Antalyia is much different than Istanbul which isn't the same as Ankara which is very different from a small town like Usak (dreadful). And apart from the bad roads and healthcare, I'm not sure that Turkey is comparable to the Ukraine. The women certainly are not.

#33     Apr 20, 2007
  4. I think you meant Slovenia above, which is next to Italy.

Forget those countries, he should consider Croatia. Look at these awesome views...

http://www.pointernet.pds.hu/touristinfo/free_wallpapers/dubrovnik-croatia-6.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/bs/f/fe/Makarska1.jpg

#34     Apr 20, 2007
  5. bluud

bluud

you serious ... it's easier for me to move there but I can't convince myself that it's secure to live in latin america

#35     Apr 20, 2007
  6. Seniors from all over the west are moving to the Baja Peninsula in Mexico, just south of San Diego.

99,000 dollar condos, Wal-Mart and most U.S. companies opening up stores and medical clinics there. They are building massive enclaves that resemble Del Boca Vista down there.

...Panama City, too.

The senior citizens are voting with their feet en masse. They can't stand the inflation here anymore.

#36     Apr 20, 2007
  7. I don't blame them. sounds pretty nice actually.

#37     Apr 20, 2007

8. The big urban areas are dangerous, but most of the states and provinces are quite safe.
    You need to do your homework first.

DR, CR and Panama are over priced at the moment.
    Cartagena ( walled city area is safe)
    Many areas in Brazil are OK, the Andean provinces of Arg are safe as is Uruguay (lovely country, the hidden gem of lat am)

Most of Chile is OK.
    Peru and Ecuador hold no charm for me.

#39     Apr 20, 2007
  9. I would choose Panama, albeit more expensive, over Mexico. Mexico follows Napoleianc law, guilty until proven innocent, while Panama, I believe, follows Common Law like the US.

#40     Apr 20, 2007