Will US become a retirement paradise?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by kashirin, Apr 19, 2007.

1. I think its going to be a retirement HELL for the people already here who find themselves with high costs to live and little money to do it with.

#11     Apr 19, 2007
  2. Retirement, what retirement.

I have it on good authority that the retiring age is to be lifted to the DAYD ( day after you die) and that all citizens will be conscripted to Homeland security.

The more agile eighty year olds will be sent abroad to assist in the war on rhetoric, and the less mobile will be writing profiles on each other back home.

The younger seventy year olds will be pushing wheelbarrows containing 100 dollar bills, but they must first be sworn in as the wheelbarrow will be more valuable than the contents and the US Gov does not want to encourage a black market in counterfeit wheelbarrows.

#12     Apr 19, 2007
  3. LOL. I can see all those folks in Florida retirement communities spying on each other and writing up reports to homeland security.

- Dear Homeland Security,

Abe got the blue plate special today and didn't bring his wallet so I had to pay! Arrest him please.

#13     Apr 19, 2007
  4. I can see it now - hundreds of thousands of seniors walking down the road towards Baghdad with their walkers, strolers and wheelchairs towards a mob of angry insurgents.

#14     Apr 19, 2007
  5. I see you have entered into the swing of the new world order almost seamlessly BlackChip.

Once everyone has arrested each other, then they can all add community service to their day.

#15     Apr 19, 2007
  6. All you need to do is cross the border at Nogales. :p

#16     Apr 19, 2007
  7. I heard Tahiti hates our freedom.

I volunteer to invade them for democracy!

#17     Apr 19, 2007
  8. I have never meet you BlackChip but I like you already.

It must be your positive nature.
    Your ability to see opportunity where others only see gloom and doom.

I am refering of course to the fact that everone now hates the US and so you can take your pick of any country to invade.

Well spotted BlackChip.

#18     Apr 19, 2007
  9. I think we should take over and annex the Falkland Islands.

Screw the Brits and the Argentinians.

There are valuable assets there.

#19     Apr 19, 2007
  10. For a young, uneducated single person it is almost impossible to gain legal entry into the US. However, for an educated, wealthy, older couple it's not as hard. It would still take a few years but I think they could get in.

#20     Apr 20, 2007