Will Tradestation 2000i load onto Windows 8?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Pager, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Pager

Pager

Been using TS 2000 for nearly 12 years and more than happy with this oldie but will it load onto Windows 8 ok?, anyone out there tried?, if so any issues etc.

Quite like the look of Windows 8 as well but if my old TS wont load then will have to get the new PC with Win 7 Pro and install in Xp mode.

2. Scaleout.Scalper

Scaleout.Scalper Guest

I prefer Windows 7 to 8, but to answer your question, yes it will.

3. Pager

Pager

Wow, that was quick, thanks Scaleout.Scalper, much appreciated :D

4. Scaleout.Scalper

Scaleout.Scalper Guest

Sure thing, np.

5. Sergio77

Sergio77

Whoever is using 18 year old non-supported software is subjected to all errors in it.

Try to see if 2000i will enter a new position on an exit bar of a previous position. I'm trying to find the article I read long ago but I can't as links are broken.

6. Pager

Pager

And I have been using TS 2000 for most of those years, agree it has its limitations and there is maybe far superior software around these days but bottom line for me is I make consistent profits using this software so why change?, even had people laugh when they hear I still use it but you don’t need the latest wiz bang top of the range software to trade.

Software after all is just a tool and as with many other areas were tools are used when things go wrong the tools get blamed, seen plenty of reports and posts from people who have lost money and blamed some flaw in these older versions of Tradestation for that.

As far as im concerned this is still an awesome piece of software.