Will Tiger Woods make the comeback?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by wildchild, Mar 10, 2018.

1. wildchild

wildchild

Its been awhile since Woods was really in the mix of things. He has play decent golf in his last two outings and is in the mix at Valspar after 2 rounds? Will this guy make the comeback and win a few tournaments or possibly a major?

If he is in the lead or within striking distance on Sunday, its going to great for ratings. The PGA misses Tiger.

2. Anything is possible, but I think a sustained comeback is unlikely. Tiger is too beat up physically, and mentally just not the same guy. I agree the game misses the Tiger of days gone by. In his day there was no close second. Had he stayed healthy AND single, he'd have 25 majors by now and a 100+ total wins. As it is, he'll be lucky to ever win again, and multiple victories are a dream.

3. A few months ago I would have agreed with you. Not now. He is playing pretty darn well. He is tied for second on a tough golf course after three rounds. He could easily have been leading. A win tomorrow wouldn't surprise me at all. I wouldn't be surprised if he won another green jacket either.

4. RRY16

RRY16

Golf Channel is creaming.. if he wins tomorrow, Vegas might make him one of the favorites at Augusta.

vanzandt likes this.
  5. Like I said, he has no chance. :banghead: Goes to show what I know. Well, now he has a chance. I am impressed with his physical comeback. Really quite amazing. Now we'll see if he has the mental game. The Tiger of old would press the pedal and just demoralize and destroy the competition on Sundays. Can he bury them again?

6. vanzandt

vanzandt

F*ckin A!
    Go Tiger!

7. wildchild

wildchild

I agree that a sustained comeback is not likely. The Tiger Woods of 15 years ago is gone and is never coming back, but I think he is certainly capable of showing flashes of greatness again. It will be interesting to see how this turns out. Will Tiger have a good and win it and will the added circus atmosphere that accompanies Tiger cause the other contenders to wilt?

I thought the final nail in coffin was the pathetic DWI arrest. He was in really bad shape and I thought he was traveling down a path where he would have been dead in the not so distant future. It occurred less than a year ago and he seems to have recovered.

CaptainObvious likes this.
  8. RRY16

RRY16

9. The only thing that Americans like more than watching the mighty fall, is watching the beaten man rise from the ashes. Came damn close today. I must say, the guy just might be back. Very impressive effort, all things considered.

AAAintheBeltway and vanzandt like this.
  10. vanzandt

vanzandt

Very well said.
    He may not have won today... but there's certainly no shame in taking second place with that field. He kicked ass. That was a monster putt at 17.

Odds at Augusta just dropped to 10-1.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    #10     Mar 11, 2018