will this thing power up 2 big dell ultrasharp displays at 1900:1200 ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gainpower777, May 17, 2014.

1. nitrene

nitrene

No way are you going to be able plug in 2 HD monitors on a system with an embedded graphics subsystem even though the Intel Iris graphics 5100 is pretty good.

You are better off buying a laptop with a dedicated GPU like a Precision M2800.

A few more options:

CyberPowerPC Fangbook Evo HX-7 17.3" (fastest mobile video card on the market)
    CyberPowerPC Fangbook Evo HX-6 15.6"
    CyberPowerPC Xplorer X3 13.3"

The reviews for the CyberpowerPC Fangbook Evo HX7-350 are very positive at least on Newegg.

I think traders are better off buying gaming rigs/notebooks since they optimize video graphics, CPU & I/Os which are very important for trading as well as for video games.

These consumer laptops are made for a different segment of the market.

#11     Jun 9, 2014
  2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I got this advice many years ago, best advice I ever got about laptops and desktops. It has been a gem whenever I've purchased a laptop/desktop.

#12     Jun 9, 2014
  3. The websites notebookcheck.net and notebookreview.com have some of the best reviews/discussions on notebooks.

On the other hand, I doubt the op will take the advice from posters here.

#13     Jun 10, 2014
  4. Zithiel89

Zithiel89

Basically all you need is to make sure that your laptop will be capable to handle both monitors assuming they will be connected to different ports like for example VGA and HDMI, not all support that mode so you really need to ask ASUS and not us.

#14     Jul 26, 2019
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Will people please stop bumping 5-YO technology-related threads? Everything is now out of date, so any advice you give on them is meaningless. For many reasons.

#15     Jul 26, 2019
  6. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

It's a barrage of third world responses. I can't explain it but it annoys the hell out of me.

Kind of like a telemarketer.

#16     Jul 26, 2019