Will this market go parabolic?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by DisciplinedHedg, Mar 23, 2010.

1. look how retarded the moves are, this is low volume crap

#41     Mar 24, 2010
  2. Working off some excess with a mild pullback and storing energy for the next move... up or down.

#42     Mar 24, 2010
  3. S2007S

S2007S

Yea I noticed that today, they already have a few commercials involving DOW 11k, maybe someone should tell them to turn down the hype, DOW 11k, hahaha. What a joke, I could just imagine what cnbc is going to do at at dow 14k, but all that doeskin matter because they will be celebrating dow 10,000 again.

#43     Mar 24, 2010

4. i sea what you did there...

#44     Mar 24, 2010
  5. There is a lot of money on the sidelines - even institutional money. We're going up mainly becuase all the shorts that are trying to top-call are blowing out cushioning our decline. There is some fundamental improvement in the economy and this time the changes are solid enough to be a foundation to move forward. My only concern is that we rise too fast - I would prefer to have a muted march higher that is more sustainable.

Also note that people who look at our rise off the lows last year as "too fast" are idiots. We dropped %50 of the market in a matter of weeks: 12 months to re-coup that decline is nothing.

#45     Mar 24, 2010
  6. oh really, can you elaborate or list these fundamental improvements?

#46     Mar 24, 2010
  7. If your into regressions and you thing we're in a downtrend --> then we're right at the top end here (>2SD).

#47     Mar 24, 2010
  8. sure!

"New-home sales fall to record low
    February's annual rate of 308,000 units marks fourth month of decline

By Jeffry Bartash, MarketWatch

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- Sales of new homes in the U.S. fell slightly in February -- the fourth straight monthly drop -- to a record low despite an extension of a federal tax credit meant to attract buyers. Bad weather may have been a factor.

New-home sales slipped 2.2% to an annual pace of 308,000, seasonally adjusted, which is the lowest rate since the government began tracking the data in 1963, according to the Commerce Department. The rate of sales is down 13% compared to February 2009"

#48     Mar 24, 2010
  9. ..or it could be that a lot of people don't have jobs, and those who do aren't making as much as they were a few years ago, or even if they are making good money they are rightly worried that their job could disappear without warning.

I fall into the 3rd group, that's why I'm not buying.

#49     Mar 24, 2010
  10. you're too rational... greed conquers all...:p

besides its not possible that only 30% saw a rise... since the market is at new highs since 2009..

WHat I think happened.. a fast drop equals fast rise.. even if its a dead cat bounce.. the 2001 bear market was a slow grind, so the grind up was pretty slow.. while the 2008 bear market was just a huge dump in hindsight.. could this mean we get just a rise to 1500, and not even a sideways year?? Possibly!:eek:

#50     Mar 24, 2010