Will this market go parabolic?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by DisciplinedHedg, Mar 23, 2010.

1. yup.. i realized we were in a bubble in feb 2010, 11 months to late to buy at dump prices... instead i tried to daytrade and got crushed... now trying swingtrade..

I do hate myself for missing out on the 200-300% returns I could have gotten... but alas... :(

Now i am thinking we could very well go to S&P 1300-1400 in one year! I know it's sounds totally stupid and out there...

#21     Mar 23, 2010
  2. pspr

pspr

Use log charts. That will stop any parabolic rise. :D

#22     Mar 23, 2010
  3. fseitun

fseitun

Guys, just take a look at any chart.

The financial crisis is history for the markets. If major issues were still around the corner, the markets would be trading near 2008 lows. Just think about it.

I am astonished to see how many traders are still expecting a big drop. Bears had their days, it's been fun but now bulls have total control of this market.

And the bad news is that it's going up 0.5% per day, which makes it even stronger.

I don't agree with those who claim long-term investors aren't into this. I think it's quite the opposite. And there still is plenty of cash on the sidelines.

#23     Mar 23, 2010
  4. S2007S

S2007S

Yep, the crisis has disappeared, bubble ben bernanke has done his job by pumping incredible amounts of worthless dollars into the economy and creating intense liquidity for the markets to rally on. Zero percent interest rates is the only way to go, im just wondering whats going to happen when they stop purchasing MBS, stop extending unemployment benefits for hundreds of weeks, raise rates to at least 3-4%, take away all those programs that offer free money to first time house buyers, stop all stimulus, stop all programs and stop all intervention within the market and lets see what the markets and economy can do on their own, my guess is not much at all.

This is 2007 all over again. There will be a top and then a drop, even if the dow gets to 15,000 or even 20,000 the next drop will be as severe or worse than the last one, no one thought at DOW 14,000 that in 2 years it would be trading under 7000. There is just too much unjustified euphoria in the markets and everyone should know by now what usually happens when things get a little out of touch.

#24     Mar 23, 2010
  5. I totally agree. I went all in with BIDU today because The Assmiral on Fastmoney told me it was a good bet.

Free money marathon, don't hate, participate!

#25     Mar 23, 2010
  6. fseitun

fseitun

Who would have thought that only 1 year after the biggest collapse in financial history the DOW would be trading near 11K?

There will be other tops and bottoms, like it's been for over 100 years. It's the nature of the market and, as a trader, I am only concerned to trade the right side.

From a fundamental standpoint, your considerations about the economy make sense. Can't argue with that. But wouldn't you think that Ben and his staff would know better than us? Wouldn't you think that they'd do anything in their power to avoid another collapse?

In my opinion, the economy will stay on life support for as long as the FED believes necessary. The plug will be pulled once the economy can stay back on its own feet.

#26     Mar 23, 2010
  7. Pull up Nasdaq 1999. That is parabolic. No matter how steep you drew that uptrend into 1999, the last year took off completely beyond any uptrend line. Different time and time frame, but same idea.

In fact, pull up a chart of our bounce off the March 2009 bottom. We are actually tapering off not accelerating. The initial bounce had the most thrust, but each subsequent uptrend has been less steep.

See what is there, not what you want to see, whether you agree with it or not, like it or not.

Little can become more and more can become alot?

#27     Mar 23, 2010
  8. Stuff really isnt moving that much because no one is trading stocks. This all about the "crtedit markets" because Ben the Bozo thinks credit/debt is the key to everything.

Now credit spreads are back to where they were in 2007 and mortage rates lower. there just isnt that much more to go tightening

#28     Mar 23, 2010
  9. Junk bonds are selling at the fastest since Nov 2007.

Yikes...

#29     Mar 23, 2010
  10. Specterx

Specterx

This doesn't make any sense. SPX and Dow made all-time highs in October 2007... and there were some pretty major issues just around the corner.

#30     Mar 23, 2010