Will they hire me?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by cashmoney69, Jul 12, 2006.

1. To be honest, I wouldn't get very excited about 8-15% per quarter on an individual account -- you'd need to have quite a long track record for anyone to take note.

As for trading for others, make sure they know what they are getting into. But before that, make sure YOU know EXACTLY how you've made your money in the past, and why you should continue to make money in the future.

#21     Jul 15, 2006
  2. Could not have said it better myself.

I was a professional telemarketer, aka salesman, aka broker and would never go back. I like working for myself!

#22     Jul 15, 2006
  3. rjv27

rjv27

Forget Econ, I have a Masters in Economics from NYU. Nothing you can't learn by reading a few books. Since you want to manage money, you should take the CFA. You don't even need a college degree to take it, and it will give you credibility. http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/requirements/index.html

CFA is way cheaper and less demanding in terms of time than college or business school. It will cost you probably $4,000 - $5,000 instead of $60,000 for college, than another $60,000 for B school.

Of course there is nothing wrong in going to college and then business school. I don't know how old you are, but you also have to look at what is the best way to maximize your time as well.

Good luck

rjv

#23     Jul 15, 2006