Will there be a QE3?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by pma, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Visaria

Visaria

Why would you want to wage war against your own citizens by raising their cost of living?

China has done the US (and elsewhere) a great favour by exporting cheap goods and contributing to lower costs of living for people in other countries at the expense of compromising living standards for their own people.

#11     Nov 3, 2010
  2. TGregg

TGregg

What happened when QE1 didn't work? QE2.

#12     Nov 3, 2010
  3. good point. there are already consequences in food and energy.

#13     Nov 3, 2010
  4. Kind of reminds me of 1987 crash... when that Baker guy (can't remember his office... Sec of Treasury, maybe?) when asked about the current policy's impact on the Dollar, said ".... We don't care about the Dollar. We only care about the trade deficit with Japan".

The US market basically responded with, "Well, if our government doesn't care about the Dollar, why should we?"

Isn't that what we're saying today? Only toward China instead of Japan?

#14     Nov 3, 2010
  5. Such drama queens on this site.

The question "will there be a QE3?" is useless to ask because nobody even knows the effects of QE2 yet. The Fed specifically stated that they will monitor the process, which by the way won't end until next year. Will there be a QE3? We can't even begin to speculate until sometime next year. Any predictions now are completely 100% useless.

#15     Nov 3, 2010
  6. its unfair that they are trying to save the economy but are ruining our game. The basic fairness of our game is out the window, kind of makes one introspective.

Today is like the guy who goes to the track and wins a million and then bets it all on the last race and loses by a nose and when his wife asked him how was the track today," broke even, nothing happened" Tonight when the es is marked basically even, it will look like a nothing day, but man there was some serious coin to make during the day today, and i made me some.

#16     Nov 3, 2010
  7. S2007S

S2007S

The dollar is going to collapse, plain and simple, anyone who believes bubble ben bernanke and friends are trying in their best interest to keep the dollar from collapsing is a complete idiot. I have no clue why people in this country are letting this happen, I am surprised there aren't any riots or protests over what is going on. Bubble ben bernanke is a complete fool, he is destroying this economy no one is paying any attention to the destruction he is causing on this economy. Something has to give sooner or later, this just cannot continue like its going. The economy is completely upside down at this point.

#17     Nov 3, 2010
  8. m22au

m22au

It's probably not useless to speculate, because, if you speculate correctly, you can make a lot of "money".

For what it's worth, yes, there will be a QE3 and so on, so I continue to be long (gold/S&P 500).

#18     Nov 3, 2010
  9. Larson

Larson Guest

It is not going to stop. As Jim Sinclair says, "QE TO INFINITY".

#19     Nov 3, 2010
  10. Mvector

Mvector

This policy is MAD [Mathematical Assured Destruction]

#20     Nov 3, 2010