Will the U.S. Get LBOed?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Actually, US does still assist overseas.

However, much of the assistance comes in the form of dollars that are wired home to whatever country by the illegal immigrants who are working here.

Tacit complicity exists despite half-hearted attempts at enforcement.

So, we have our own latin american aid program while at the same time keeping wages low.

See :D Your beauracracy working for you.

#11     Nov 20, 2007
  2. If I've said it once I've said it 10,000 times.....never in the history of the world has so much debt ever been repaid. This will be no exception.

The type of debt that the US owes the world WILL be 1) repudiated or 2) inflated away.

No other option exists. Invest/Trade accordingly.

#12     Nov 20, 2007
  3. Oh I am with you there now, I in no form or fashion think the US will ever pay off its debt.

I am just saying all these idiots think that the US is magically somehow not still an extremely powerful nation. That is totally ignorant. US has BY FAR the most powerful military on Earth. I have been assigned to joint efforts with other foreign militaries....I'm just saying...don't be ridiculous when you say stuff about the US being finished. LOL

That's like saying Mike Tyson couldn't kick your ass just because he's blown all of his one-time vast fortune.

#13     Nov 20, 2007
  4. Most of the those idiots are still trying figure out how their RM boarding party got taken hostage by Iran without a shot being fired.

These days...Limeys suck dick for beer money.

#14     Nov 20, 2007
  5. poor illegals, they risk their lives and walk a 1000 miles to get here only to get paid in dollars....

Mexico my erect its own fence to keep out boomer retirees....

#15     Nov 20, 2007
  6. I hate to say it but the peso is one of the few currencies struggling against the dollar!

#16     Nov 20, 2007
  7. The dollar will fall until a lot of this takes care of itself...

#17     Nov 20, 2007
  8. From reading this thread, I think many of you may be missing the main point of foreign buyouts: multinational interdependence as a way of peace. (Btw, I don't necessarily agree with this - I'm just telling you how many of the elite think and act.)

Let me offer a quote from a Wharton paper:

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache...ignity+multinational&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

"The dramatic expansion of the Multinational Enterprise (MNE) after 1960 produced a 'first wave' of literature in the popular and academic press...Suddenly, it seems the sovereign states are feeling naked. Concepts such as sovereignty and national economic strength appear curiously drained of meaning."

And consider these quotes

--Charles Kindleberger: "[the] nation-state is just about through as an economic unit."
    --George Ball: "[the multinational corporation is] a modern concept evolved to meet the requirements of the modern age and the nation-state is a very old-fashioned idea and badly adapted to serve the needs of our present complex world".

In the eyes of many insiders, the mulitnational is placed on a pedestal and seen as a Bringer of Life, a Harbinger of Peace. If we interconnect the world through interdependence - and again 'interdependence' is the buzzword - we can finally achieve global peace. Again, to quote the above link:

"In 1991 John Stopford and Susan Strange argued that upheavals in the international political economy had resulted in a mutual interdependence which limits state's options...", i.e. war and other undesireable features of federal governments.

So imo you can forget about the US or any other major country ever "disentangling" itself from foreign multinational alliances because this is the very goal of many of our elites.

Example: If China, Russia and Saudi Arabia own a huge portion of our infrastructure, then they are much less likely to nuke us or fund terrorist activities. In fact, they will probably help us search out and destroy such enemies. Why do you think that terrorism has not spread more rapidly? It is undoubtedly because many of the wealthy Arabic elite have huge financial interests in the West.

This aspect of globalization is completely unavoidable at this point in the world's history and I have no doubt that the world will be a very different place geopolicially in a hundred years.

Here's a well-known quote from the "presitigous" Council on Foreign Relations member Gardner in 1974: ""The 'house of world order' will have to be built from the bottom up. ... An end run around sovereignty, eroding it piece by piece, will accomplish much more than the old-fashioned frontal assault." "

The goal, by many at the top, is to slowly erode the nation state as we know it, using economic interdependence in order to create global peace and prosperity.

#18     Nov 20, 2007
  9. ?.......!.......Suss, when sovereign wealth funds start making large scale purchases of foreign assets, it usually occurs at long-term tops in the sovereign country and the foreign country. You guessed it!

#19     Nov 22, 2007
  10. Thank you nazzdack ! Just needed confirmation ! :p :p :p

#20     Nov 22, 2007