Will the S&P500 make new highs in 2019?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by King Sisyphus, May 23, 2019.

Will the S&P500 make new highs in 2019?

1. Yes, buy the troughs.

11 vote(s)
    78.6%
  2. No, sell the peaks.

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. Simple poll, interested in the community's opinion.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

As a first post, maybe you can share your expectations from the “Underworld.”

jys78 likes this.
  3. volente_00

volente_00

No new highs until SPX touches 2650

4. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

people asked me this stupid question when the sp was trading at 200 lol yes mofo 200.

jl1575, jys78, ElCubano and 2 others like this.
  5. dozu888

dozu888

Sp current fair value is 5000. So you tell me.

MarkBrown likes this.
  6. Like to hear the rationale for that...

7. Market is currently "possibly bearish". Too soon to tell if "the worm has turned" or if just in a correction to the upthrust from the Dec low.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  8. dozu888

dozu888

the Jan to Mar rise basically caught too many people by surprise.. shorts and flats, kicking themselves for missing the rally... so my pro boys still have great chip control... but they do want to take some profit... from now thru June is the perfect time to do it... the trade war thing will hang around for a while...and there is really no real driver to push shares higher... this is basically how the earning cycles work, we all know that the FAAMG earnings will be block busters in July, but people's attention span is so short that it it makes sense to shake it thru June... so just act accordingly... these are good prices.

long term -

https://www.yardeni.com/pub/valuationfed.pdf

fair value is at 7400... I'd be a little conservative... call it 5000 lol... no brainer all-in.

MarkBrown likes this.
  9. My expectation is that the response to this poll will better inform my expectations.

I haven't visited ET in many years. Let's see if the community still has the power of foresight.

10. projomni

projomni

maybe, but first needs to get down to 2700 or less...

#10     May 23, 2019