Will the S&P settle over 1100 in 2003?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by James Stock, Dec 20, 2003.

1. I'm surprised there are more "no" votes than "yes" votes right now.

There is always an upward bias around the holidays. And we're only about 10 points away. I'm surprised anyone would be bearish through the new year.

#11     Dec 22, 2003
  2. T-REX

T-REX

I'll explain it to you.

This economy is a smokescreen.
    there are no "real" earnings.
    there are no "real" jobs being created.
    this market "will" crash!!!

#12     Dec 22, 2003
  3. t-rex,

will you accept some constructive criticism? OK. You are incorrect about all those aliases being the same person. It ONLY makes you look paranoid and stupid. I strongly suggest you do not accuse others without knowing for sure, otherwise, you lose any credibility you may want to gain.

BTW, the above answer is nice, but has nothing to do with trading for a living. My guess is you paper trade only, because that analysis is worthless to anyone looking to make money in the market.

#13     Dec 22, 2003
  4. The S&P needs to get over and stick above 1094 before Dec 29 but I don't think that will happen. 1094 is on the same vector as 789 on the So9 , as is 292 (03/12/03- 12/29/03) and 1375 (03/24/2000-12/29/03). The chart shows the geometry. 1094 is VERY stiff resistence and points to a pull back to 1044 before the road to 1136 can resume. Could be wrong and this is not trading advice.

• 1.gif
      File size:
      43.1 KB
      Views:
    #14     Dec 22, 2003
  5. More evidence

• 3.gif
      File size:
      88.9 KB
      Views:
    #15     Dec 23, 2003
  6. One more

• 5.gif
      File size:
      64.6 KB
      Views:
    #16     Dec 23, 2003
  7. T-REX

T-REX

You too should take your own advise. those aliases ARE the same person and I have demonstrated it over and over again!
    I am not the 1st person to point that out. the individual has been called out about it prior.

Furthermore, What I stated was my opinion based on Research posted in the Washington Post, Barons, Wallstreet Journal, and the IBD.

As for trading, I AM NO PAPER TRADER!

My trades are ALL real before the fact, just see my "T-REX Journal", "Bully on the Playground", "Ego Challenge", and ET Swing Trade Challenge Journal........along with many others!

I also have a newsletter that MANY at ET subscribe to.

NOW for some "REAL" analysis...............

The ES has now approached temporary resistance and is now overbought on Daily Charts. Expect a possible 20+ point retracement before the market breaks 1100.00

Had you done YOUR homework you would have known that I have MUCH credibility in my market calls dude!
    :p

#17     Dec 23, 2003
  8. Y-A-W-N

Off page 91 in original T-Rex Journal:

Because in the begining of this journal I BAITED YOU IN!
    I used a once profitable (however now obsolete) method called the Volatility Breakout System that failed to stand the test.
    You thought that I could not trade because of it. That is exactly what I wanted you to think. But then .........I started posting winning trades and even challenged you to the EGO CHALLENGE were I once again demonstrated that I could beat you without using a system! After I accomplished that it was then time to start posting the real thing. Since that time I have not had a losing week in the NQ!

#18     Dec 23, 2003
  9. I can't see the S&P going down with 2 half days and three days next week with no real sellers, only profit takers . 1101 seems the next stop on the way to 1109.

• 6.gif
      File size:
      38.6 KB
      Views:
    #19     Dec 23, 2003
  10. How I always seem to have the pertinent trading questions that are polled right down the middle. And what a question it is!

I'm good with the over/unders!

#20     Dec 23, 2003