Will The Repulicans Hold Congressional Power?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ktmexc20, Oct 4, 2006.

Will The Republicans Hold Congressional Power?

1. Yes they maintain the status quo.

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. No, they're done in both the Senate and the House.

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Democrats win the House only.

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  4. Democrats win the Senate only.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. you are the one that said even though the main point on the list that we went to war over was ultimately determined to be based on a lie it was ok with you because they had other excuses to start an illegal war.
    i like to think as americans truth and justice was one of our cornerstones.

#21     Oct 4, 2006
  2. No assumptions. Simply pointing out that this is not a zero sum game. Past experiences of imperial occupations have shown that the only way to pacify a population is to use a totally brutal force that the civilized nations have no stomach for.

A half-hearted effort is worse than no effort at all.

#22     Oct 4, 2006
  3. We have better weapons than they had during the crusades. Said with tongue slightly in cheek, very slightly. What's wrong with a stalemate is our country will rip itself to pieces without some sort of final decision. It's going to have to be bloody, really bloody. No we can't kill every single enemy soldier, but we can kill them is such large numbers even a crazy person will understand they can't go on. We must also kill their sympathisers, apologists, and all those trying assit them. Like I said, bloody. Don't have the stomach for that?......Then our country is going down at our own hand. It's just gone too far to work out any other way.

#23     Oct 4, 2006
  4. Are you telling me that the Iraq war critics are complaining because they want a bloody war of vengeance? I'm highly skeptical of that. Honestly, there is no way to do what you want without turning into the very enemy we are fighting. If you are saying we should either do that or do nothing, then I couldn't disagree more vehemently.

-Raystonn

#24     Oct 5, 2006
  5. Oh...what can one say to such blindness?

Are you paying attention at all?

#25     Oct 5, 2006
  6. Arnie

Arnie

Getting back to the OP, I think the Republicans are toast, and it's not because the Dems offer a compelling alternative. I can't wait to see Pelosi as Speaker and Charlie Rangle and Harry Reid and Hilary and all the rest of them running the show. Maybe it will make Bush grow a spine and start vetoing some bills. One thing that really pissed me off was the Republicans passing a law against internet gambling with all of the other problems we have. Unbelievable.

#26     Oct 5, 2006