Will The Repulicans Hold Congressional Power?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ktmexc20, Oct 4, 2006.

Will The Republicans Hold Congressional Power?

1. Yes they maintain the status quo.

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. No, they're done in both the Senate and the House.

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Democrats win the House only.

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  4. Democrats win the Senate only.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. With all due respect to your opinion Raystonn, People with your attitude worry me more than a terrorist attack in America. This is truly how I feel. You worry me.

Do you not agree with the argument, that it's our meddling in the Middle East that was what spurred the Islamic extremists right from the very beginning.

These people did not just wake up one day and decide that they hated America. They were provoked by our arrogance in foriegn policy many years ago. And here we are... with greater arrogance than ever before.

Just remember that the republicans want you to be afraid. They thrive on it.

Wtih all due respect, and imo,
    -kt

#11     Oct 4, 2006
  2. who is judge of what is the correct moral obligation. is it a moral obligation to start a war based on a lie and to continue that war when the lie is uncovered?
    you seem to believe that iraq was involved in 9/11. i have no problem killing people who mean us harm but i have never seen evidence that they were.

#12     Oct 4, 2006
  3. bsmeter

bsmeter

It amazes me to what degree American democrats have been pussified. These spineless pussies should already have hammered Republicons into oblivion with this faggots child molestation. Linking Child molestation as Republicon family values would have destroyed every Republicon running for office by now. Unfortunately it looks like the pussies all crawled back into their cave of general uselessness.

#13     Oct 4, 2006
  4. :p :p I'm sure they should also portray your graces in etiquette... they'd damn well be kickin' ass, huh.

#14     Oct 4, 2006
  5. Please elaborate on why my opinion worries you.

No, I disagree with that proposition. American television programs and movies have reached the Islamic countries of the middle east. Many of these programs and movies have been found to be highly offensive to those who devoutly practice Islam. It is my opinion that the culture of decadence shown in this medium has caused most of the hatred of the United States over the years. Muslims are very conservative. The American film industry is very liberal. The smut shown there is heretical to Islam. I'm sure you have seen a few examples of what Muslim hard-liners do to heretics.

-Raystonn

#15     Oct 4, 2006
  6. To lie means intentional deception. Please show some facts that prove intention. Also, when you have a list of reasons for going to war, and one reason is invalidated, you don't pull out of the war. The rest of your list is still valid.

-Raystonn

#16     Oct 4, 2006

7. list of reasons given to attack iraq.

1. find wmd. result there were none found and evidence indicates ther never were since 1991.
    2. iraq was involved in 9/11. result. no evidence they were.
    3. get saddam. result. we got him and opened up a hornets nest.
    4. bush thought it was his mandate from god to impose democracy on iraq. result. we attacked a country because he didnt like how they ran their country. is this really moral?

#17     Oct 4, 2006
  8. At the time it was thought that WMD did exist in Iraq. If you search for something and do not find it, does that mean you should never have searched? Considering the fact that Saddam was in violation of many, many U.N. Resolutions, his credibility was shot. We could not trust his word on whether or not they had WMD. We could only trust our intelligence reports.

Actually, it was that Iraq was being helpful to AQ. This has been shown. Saddam regularly gave out prizes to the families of suicide bombers to encourage the practice. This is all well documented.

Your list of reasons is not a very accurate list. I suggest grabbing the real list from the White House. "Getting" Saddam was merely the desired action due to all other items on the list. It wasn't a bullet item itself.

Nonsense. This was not on the list, either.

Most of this is complete strawman fallacy.

-Raystonn

#18     Oct 4, 2006
  9. Well, if you can't kill them faster than they can produce (recruit) new ones, you'd show a loss in that column as well.

#19     Oct 4, 2006
  10. You can't show a loss in the Gross Profit column, but I understand your meaning.

Are your assumptions of their rate of growth based in fact? Can you provide some backing?

-Raystonn

#20     Oct 4, 2006