Will the real Todd Harrison please stand up...

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by DisciplinedHedg, Aug 4, 2003.

1. I agree with most of the above posts. The site is a great bargain, but mainly because of the other contributors. Todd has not added much since the site started really. It's funny, almost everyone says the same thing: why doesn't he just do what he did on RM? I can't see how it's a legal issue, since he was head trader for Cramer's fund back then.

#11     Aug 4, 2003
  2. Anyone see Todd Harrison on CNBC this morning. If so, do tell... please.

Thanks, XGG

#12     Aug 8, 2003
  3. I guess it's this morning that he's on squawk, in a little while......for anyone that's interested !

#13     Aug 14, 2003
  4. I stopped reading him several months ago.. since I could not fathom how some one who is "recognized" as an alleged wizard trader so to speak.... could not know when a trend is in place.

He is trying to tell the market what he thinks it should do... and not letting the market tell him. It's one thing to be cynical and cautious, after 3 years of viruent bear moves... it's another to not be able to recognize reality since MARCH.. and continue with the same old drone.

His is just another garden variety financial talking heads website who does impart some insight, at times.........and perhaps I should
    revisit it to hear his current commentary which I could likely incorporate into position trading, given my bais is now bearish based upon historical, seasonal bearish tendencies of the Aug/Sept period. But maybe this year will be diff. :)

Regards,

ICe

:cool:

#14     Aug 14, 2003
  5. Just watched his interview on Squawk Box. Interesting to hear him say "You Know" about 100 times in a 5 minute interview. Come on Toddo dont you know any other words??

You Know, Blah blah blah blah blahaa, You know, blah blah blahaa, you know blah blaha, you know blah......

You know?

#15     Aug 14, 2003
  6. Todd has created a big problem for himself. His commentary has been bearish, leading us to believe he has done poorly. Certainly anyone following his "posture" has had problems. But we really don't know how his fund has fared, nor do we know what he is actually doing from day to day. It's possible that he has done much better than we tend to believe. He alludes to "renting" longside exposure, but he doesn't see fit to clue us in on it.

Another thing I question is his apparent heavy use of longer-dated options. I know vol's are very low, but this paper still costs plenty, particualrly if nothing is happening. I guess he has made money on the FNM/FRE blowups but he talked like he was also short a lot of other financials that have done ok.

I think his posture may have been typical of balanced hedge fund managers. Cramer has been poking a lot of fun at these guys lately for missing the ramp and underperforming. Wonder if he has Toddo in mind particularly?

Bottom line is that a lot of Todd's commentary seems superficial if not naive. He talks the talk but doesn't let us see the walk.

I have asked him to come on here and discuss but he never responded. Too busy hangin' with the critters I guess.

#16     Aug 14, 2003
  7. I think his friendship with Fleck might explain a lot !

#17     Aug 14, 2003