Will the please stop putting these people on CNBC

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by nitro, Sep 19, 2008.

1. nitro

nitro

All these people they put on CNBC literally have no friggin clue what they are talking about, and they go spewing crap as if they did.

Doug Kass just body slammed Marc Haines by providing facts. How was he able to do that? BECAUSE HE TRADES AND IS NOT A REPORTER PRETENDING TO KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. If you are a reporter, your job is to read a TELEPROMPTER.

Then, this woman says you can still do conversions to get short. YOU CAN? SHOW ME WHERE? JUST ONE PLACE. I AM ON THE FLOOR OF THE CBOE AND I GUARANTEE YOU YOU CAN'T.

Please, STOP. STOP putting on these people that don't know what they are talking about.

:mad: nitro :mad:

2. Short the dollar, buy gold.:)

3. Just stop watching it then!

4. nitro

nitro

If they put Marge on naked I would be happy.

nitro

5. I just don't understand people, if CNBC pisses you guys off or isn't helping your trading, just turn it off. All anyone needs is a live news feed with breaking news, your broker w/ trading plat., and charting software (some may not need this).

its not rocket surgery here, instead of starting a thread about how much CNBC sucks, just stop watching the damn thing :)

6. jordanf

jordanf

I give Haines some credit. He knew he got owned. Did you hear him laugh and say "I hate it when people come on here with facts" or something like that.

7. nitro

nitro

They should put that disclaimer they have on for the idiot for EVERYONE that works for them that constantly gives an opinion instead of ASKING intelligent questions.

nitro

8. Jegnyr

Jegnyr

Totally true. Cracked me up.

:D

9. nitro

nitro

5 dictionary results for: reporter
    Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
    re·port·er /rɪˈpɔrtər, -ˈpoʊr-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ri-pawr-ter, -pohr-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –noun
    1. a person who reports.
    2. a person employed to gather and report news, as for a newspaper, wire service, or television station.
    3. a person who prepares official reports, as of legal or legislative proceedings.
    [Origin: 1350–1400; ME reportour < AF (OF reporteur). See report, -er1]

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/reporter

I don't see opinion on that anywhere, do you? I especially don't see, misrepresentation of facts, as a definition.

nitro

10. Exactly what did haines say that pisses people off so much ?

#10     Sep 19, 2008