Will the Obama bubble burst?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cutten, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Oktiri it is absolutely hilarious that you think government intervention is the answer.

#11     Nov 12, 2008
  2. "Obama is intelligent and has an excellent educational and academic record. He writes his own (generally good) speeches, has an excellent grasp of policy, is a good listener and picks good quality advisors. He is clearly a competent, intelligent man who would be more than capable of acting on the world stage and being taken seriously. If he wasn't in politics he would be a credible CEO or social leader." -Cutten

"IMO Obama's worst leftist excesses will be jettisoned by himself willingly, and much of the rest will be neutered by Congress." -Cutten

You did indeed praise his intellect and centrism, as I wrote. No doubt he is intelligent, but intelligence means less than nothing without principles. He is no centrist, as you will come to realize going forward.

As for what I do as a trader, I stay out of trouble by not believing anything that comes from a CEO, a salesman, or a politician from Chicago.

#12     Nov 12, 2008
  3. Cutten was a tireless cheerleader for Obama.

I said a month ago that within weeks of the election many Obama voters would suffer buyers remorse. (of course Cutten is a Brit, TraderNik and Thunderdog Canadians, PissedJewLovingGoy an Aussie, etc)

#13     Nov 12, 2008
  4. Yeah, I could never understand it since he presents himself as a free marketeer and libertarian. That is the only reason I respond to his posts. I feel like he needs an intervention to get him off the Obama crack pipe.

#14     Nov 12, 2008
  5. obama's never done anything in his life, beyond promoting himself

his life is one big infomercial

people think he can do anything, yet he's never really done anything

it may not really matter though, bush (and clinton) pretty much left us permanently fucked

#15     Nov 12, 2008
  6. I made no bones about it, my vote was all about who could plug the dike for as long as possible. Arguably that's all we've been doing for a few decades. Just stemming the inevitable tide. The only change Obama will bring is bad change. Real bad change. My idea of a progressive President is one who if need be would order troops to shoot down food rioters on the West Side of Chicago. Since I'm not part of the angry, impoverished masses, since I don't believe government can solve their anguish, since I think many of those people are eternally unsolvable, then why would I-a TARGET of those folks-want to FACILITATE their agenda. Liberal America is fixated on allowing homo marriage. Pabst Nation is eying the formation of vigilante Death Squads. It's a bear market and liberals are dip buyers.

My view. Obama voters are TRAITORS to critical thought. "Ooh he's smarter than Palin!!!" So FUCKING WHAT? If Dr. No was running against Annie Oakley who'd you vote for? Putin against Thatcher? Castro vs. Reagan? This isn't a MENSA SOCIAL. Do you know how many smart people just BLEW OUT being long various stuff? You hit in right on the head, he's an infomercial. I told someone the other night that he's the rarest of politicians- a double threat actor and ad libber. Very COURTROOM like. Very college DEBATE like. Campaigns though don't require solutions but only flowery proposals. His policies are pre-2008 and his "solution team" just retreads of what started much of this. I suspect his "Justice" team will be a mucho threat to stability as well.....

#16     Nov 12, 2008
  7. No, Really. Palin would have been the answer :)

#17     Nov 12, 2008
  8. Palin wasn't running for President.

#18     Nov 12, 2008
  9. Shaqi

Shaqi

NO - Your intolerance and stupid language is similar to the way Mcain/Palin campaign was run, so it was a no-brainer to most voters.

#19     Nov 12, 2008

10. gimme a break. presidential politics have very very little to do with this market. Everybody from your gullible stupid couple who thought they made a deal on the house, to the blonde bimbo realestate bitch to the jew reigning supreme over the investment banks to S&P and the other rating agencies are COLLECTIVELY respponsible for this mess.
    BO, McCain...........0 % net effect

#20     Nov 12, 2008