Will the market plunge if (or when) Obama gets elected as Dem candidate?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by crgarcia, May 7, 2008.

1. Lets see if we have it straight.

Obama + dem controlled house and senate = the biggest robbery of wealth from the productive to the unproductive in the history of the United States.

We will see a massive exit of wealth leaving for tax havens even though more laws will be passed in the spirit of the USSR to stop people from leaving with their money.

*** Yes I know everyone will either have a job or a govt handout and that will keep the children from 'suffering' but how great will it really be for the 'children" when their only future is cleaning the toilets of the hotels for the Chinese tourists.

Lastly, before you reply with McCain will keep us in war with Iraq longer etc.... I have news for you, both Obama and Hillary will keep us there just as long. (I know he said he will get us out but guess what......politicians lie)

#31     May 7, 2008
  2. Back on track - I think that neither the Republicans nor the Democrats will make a positive difference for the economy. No matter who gets elected, we're screwed regardless.

#32     May 7, 2008
  3. Yeah, your probably right, death by knife or death by rope.......

Its too bad that most of congress and the white house cant pass an econ 101 class

#33     May 7, 2008
  4. heywally

heywally

"Please don't get into politic disputes in this post"

ha.

I don't remember hearing Obama say he would raise taxes to incredible levels.

I don't agree with him on the capital gains hike but that isn't something that would go down easily anyway.

I'm looking for the smartest candidate and I think he's it; too many years of stupidity (and I take that back to the last years of the Clinton admin) and ineptness in our political system, both sides.

As far as Iraq, I think Obama will help develop a better project management plan leading to a responsible withdrawal than McCain.

#35     May 7, 2008
  5. Mvic

Mvic

I've heard that Obama's favorite period in History is the French Revolution
    :D

#36     May 7, 2008
  6. Hey you just gave me a great idea! We should all vote for Osama. That will get him out of hiding!

#37     May 7, 2008
  7. heywally

heywally

I thought it was McCain that was hiding (as he lets Hillary and Obama beat each other up).

#38     May 7, 2008
  8. What if Obama beats McCain into the ground...and as a response a whole new wave of free market Reps are swept into office during the 2010 mid-terms...and the markets and the economy soar.

Frame of reference is important.

#39     May 7, 2008
  9. The USD is predicting a Obama win.

It's trying to find a bottom. But everytime it does, some neocon filth crawls out of its office and utters some inanity or passes another asinine regulation that pushes the USD lower.

The USD should bottom out as soon as it becomes evident Obama is the democratic nominee.

If market thinks either Hillary of McCain will win, then the USD plunges lower. Both are more of the same. You might as well keep Bush in power for 4 more year.

#40     May 8, 2008