will that crossing international border, can it be done?

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by ggelitetrader000, Jun 8, 2019.

1. thanks this is a very useful point. Does it matter where the will originatest from? Either US or somewhere else? Next step would be a selection of reputable and honest agent to assist in preparing the will. I would not want someone to scam up what i struggled up for years citing technical errors.

#11     Jun 10, 2019
  2. Dude, everyone gave you all the advice you asked for, but you can't get enough. You know, if you need that much handholding at your age in life then I would rather worry about that. What is more trustworthy, advice by anonymous people on a trading forum or just finding that trustworthy notary in public and law firm that helps you set up what you are seeking. Nobody here will find you what you need to find yourself. So, go out, do your due diligence and just do it. Goodness. And that is the people who were let into the US while some of the most wanted, most highly qualified people cannot obtain visa. I am scratching my head...

#12     Jun 10, 2019
  3. luisHK

luisHK

Actually it seems to matter where the original will come from. I have no direct first hand experience in the matter but assets in several countries and read it is better to have a will in the country where the assets are located, for those assets at least, which might imply several wills. This might depend on where the assets are located, and whether the legislations are very different from one of those countries to the next.
    Besides Grul above is harsh, it is not a simple issue trying to envision one's demise while planning for the well being of loved ones, than put one's trust in a profesionnal who might not be up to what he promised, when time comes. i doubt ET is the best lplaced to ask for advice, but it makes sense to ask a few sources, including ET.

#13     Jun 11, 2019
    ggelitetrader000 and justrading like this.
  4. Obviously ET may not be the end place to ask for advice, but still think it is a good place seek advice considering the fact that majority of people will here give honest, best answer and advice as possible.

#14     Jun 16, 2019
  5. forgot to ask one thing, one add'l component, can will include donation to charity. my cause is if my will come donate to charity, it will be something related to organization, non-profit related to environmental cause, much more specifically cleaning up the ocean trash or any org that is doing substantial work in reducing carbon footprint.

#15     Jun 16, 2019