Will strip clubs flourish in this bad economy?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ShadowTrader_08, May 27, 2008.

1. now you are aging yourself with the prodigy song.. but I admire your style and pure concentration to trade with all of the uh... distractions

no wonder they aren't making that much money.. you get legs and eggs for 4.95 and they have "nerds" in the club trading stocks !!. man if i walked in there and saw that.. i would leave immediately.. also the talent must be how do i Put this... UGLY if you would rather look at a screen instead of the real thing right in front of you. I bet the ladies were impressed with your prowess on teh ET blog... Just playing around bro.. have a great trading day

#21     May 29, 2008
  2. ShadowTrader_08

ShadowTrader_08 ET Sponsor

Update on our RICK trade....

[​IMG]

So far so good. The 5 minute rule is a phenomenal tool to take emotion out of trades that gap up or down against you. If you'd like to learn more about it, check out our <i>Focus Report</i> User's guide below.

We flipped out of GNK for a $2.00 gain as well earlier this morning. RICK long is the only position now in the <i>Model Portfolio</i>. Scanning for others....

#22     May 29, 2008
  3. looks like ricks cup size is getting a reduction..the spread trade is off to a fantastic start!!!!!!!\

sell rick's 22.77
    buy vcgh 4.65

spread=18.12 initial

now spread is 17.05= $1.07 gain

its not too late to git sum!!!!!!!!!!!!

the 5 minute rule makes pretty good sense to me

#23     May 29, 2008
  4. ShadowTrader_08

Stopped out of RICK for a small loss at around 3pm today.

You can get these email alerts in real-time for $20 per month here

Jay:
    Glad your short is working out for you. Yes the five and fifteen minute rules work well and is a technique that we apply in our trading often. Tons of subscribers over the years have told me that it has helped them immensely. RICK was a perfect example of it today. You could have closed the trade breakeven or for a small gain all day long if you followed the 5 minute rule and didn't panic on that bullshit move at the open.

FWIW, I still think VCGH is cheap crap. For your sake though, I hope it goes to $10.00 :)

[​IMG]

Our main thread for the newsletter plays and commentary is http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125554&perpage=6&pagenumber=1

#24     May 29, 2008
  5. Do men have penises and do most of those men spend irresponsibly?

You have your answer :D

#25     May 29, 2008
  6. lol..i said i was going to sit on this for 3-4 months..you guys seriously crack me up!!!

shadow you were wrong....your trade lost money! face the music..you were early and got stopped out ..you never re iterated a new buy signal...so you were not right period you were wrong!

i am confident this trade will play out...rick will not continue much above 25...vcgh will soon break out to upside

at least i am not making excuses and calling the move in rick stupid shit like shadow did when he got stopped out on rick..i am down now but holding..this is not a day trade you guys...anyway shadow...being right a week later is not being right....you had a good idea..but you were early...and wrong..i wish you would have been right..anyway you were not...i was right on this spread but now i am wrong...i am risking spread 4 bucks...then i am out.

#26     Jun 5, 2008
  7. ShadowTrader_08

Jay, Anyone can go back into this thread and see that I traded RICK pretty professionally and according to plan. The stock went up $1.00 for us and we didn't sell. We moved our stop up and then when the stock fell hard in the first 5 minutes of trade we used our "5 minute" rule to manage the exit. I think I called that move "bullshit" and was trying to show readers how professionals don't panic on opening moves because they are usually not "real" and the stock often trades much higher that day. I never called the move down itself "stupid".

What myself and everyone else is trying to say to you is that this trade you are doing makes no sense. Its not a real spread anyways. Just because you think this VCGH will go up someday does not make any sort of case for RICK going down.

I still wish you the best of luck with this. I said so earlier that I hope VCGH goes to $10 for you.

Our main thread where we discuss the market and trade entries is here:
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125554

#27     Jun 5, 2008
  8. gotcha..thank you..i am learnig spread trades in equities .i guess they call it pairs in stocks ..

#28     Jun 6, 2008