Will Steorn crash the world's energy markets?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Runningbear, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Mvic

Mvic

Hope it isn't something like this. They seem like businessmen not savvy tech types from vids on goog.

wbeatyAug 28th 2006 edited

It's well known that you can weaken a neodymium supermagnet by pushing it against the alike pole of a second magnet. The energy stored in the two magnets seems to vanish into nowhere.

Now just suppose that a configuration of supermagnets exists where not only do the magnets grow weaker, but also they can output a bit of mechanical energy. And suppose that you can position them around a rotor so that the rotor is pushed along. If true, then you could build a "perpetual motion machine" which seemingly violates the first law of thermo. But in fact, the magnets would slowly be growing weaker as the thing runs, and eventually it would stop.

The above is all speculation. But if an inventor stumbled onto such a discovery, they could easily fool themselves into thinking that they'd successfuly built a "permanent magnet motor," and found a new energy source unknown to contemporary science. Then they'd just have to be incurious about the strength of their magnets, or perhaps just accidentally forget to stick a gaussmeter on the magnet faces. No hoaxes, no scams. Just "pathological science," where an inventor would rather talk himself into believing that his discovery is important.

Science is the opposite: realizing our own psychological flaws, then trying to compensate. Ideally scientists always try to puncture their own grand dreams by trying like hell to ferret out any flaws in their own work. And if they don't find any, that just means that it's time to ask for withering criticism from colleagues.

See:

http://amasci.com/freenrg/fnrg.html

#11     Feb 19, 2007
  2. duard

duard

FYI and off-topic:

US has no meaningful deposits readily available for rare earth minerals such as neodymium. Guess who: China.

#12     Feb 19, 2007
  3. <i>"Believe me, him, his family, his sister, and his pet dog would all be 6 feet under if that was the case."</i>

Why, <b>2006</b>... aren't you being a bit conspiracy paranoid? After all, none other than our own vice president has direct ties to big oil. So do many - most of our congressional leaders.

Aren't these the very people most interested in the welfare of individual Americans? If that meant bankruptcy for XOM and other big-oil interest, so be it. Right? The all-powerful big oil cartel would probably just shrug collective shoulders and accept their fate of instinction.

Wouldn't they?

#13     Feb 19, 2007
  4. I'm developing my own perpetual motion machine in the basement, it will turn water into wine as well. Standby.

#14     Feb 19, 2007
  5. Dimethyl ether is going to destroy the oil markets. Unfortunately the Chinese are taking over the research...

#15     Feb 19, 2007
  6. I recall hearing that magnetic fields can both help and harm humans. How will this heavy duty magnetic field be encased so as to protect human beings from some large magnetic fields?

While I don't consider myself a paranoid conspiracy theorist I due believe there are instance of technology is being suppressed for the sake $$$.

A guy I used to work with in sales told me a interesting true story. His high school friend, a science genius, came up with a device to cut electrical use in the avg. home by 50%, this is not solar power. He connected the device to his parents home and it worked as designed. When the came out to read the meter, they noticed the device and about a month later they received a cease and desist demand letter from the utility's general counsel on the grounds they already had it patented. Ok, so why isn't the electric company using the damn device if they know it works?

Here in Denver I was looking into a way to recycle water since water is a scarce resource here. So I find these storage tanks designed to hold grey water which I could connect to my rain gutters and store in my basement for use for watering my lawn. I read that if I do that the water district will sue me because they own the rights to the run off! WTF? Seriously, this is ridiculous. So I watch it run down the gutter after after snow and rain.

Ok enough of my ranting and raving. Back to looking at charts. :D

#16     Feb 19, 2007
  7. 2006

Corruption is engrained in the genes of many. The problem is it can't be fixed.

It hurts the people at the bottom and en-riches the people at the top.

#17     Feb 19, 2007
  8. Would be nice to have some new tech to get excited about instead of disappointed. Hopefully....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steorn
    According to information available from the Irish Companies Registration Office, Steorn did not file its accounts for 2005 and 2006 until February 8, 2007. Its most recent filing prior to that date was October 28, 2004. Steorn's Annual Return Date (ARD) is September 30. Irish Companies Registration Office regulations state that "Where accounts are required to be attached to the return, the filing deadline is either the company's ARD plus 28 days or the company's financial year-end plus nine months and 28 days, wherever is the earlier." [9] Missed filing deadlines carry numerous penalties under Irish law [10]. Under current Companies Registration Office practice[11] strike-off procedures could have begun against Steorn by the end of October 2006. A strike-off would have serious consequences, such as the loss of Steorn's limited liability status.

Furthermore, any assets of the company, including any patents or other intellectual property, would become the property of the Irish State. [11]

well, that's not good

Validation process
    Steorn announced that only a group of twelve jury members—made up of engineers, scientists and others—chosen by Steorn itself, will be given access to the technology.
    5 November 2006 Steorn confirmed that all twelve jury members had been selected, had signed NDAs and that validation was due to start "in the near term". [28]

jury members chosen Steorn

#18     Feb 19, 2007
  9. ^^^^^^

^^^^^^

The reason all these magetic free energy devices are secretly outlawed is due to the "tragedy of the commons" problem. Any country running its economy on one of these machines is "hogging" valuable free spatial energy. How do you think stars and shit are made ?? duh... from free spatial energy!! So anyone using this stuff up is limiting the expansion of the universe. Thats why the UFO's are here, to make sure we dont use it all up and fuck up their homeworlds. Nuff said, Im watching my back now....

#19     Feb 19, 2007
  10. nonam

nonam

The Steorn CEO and CFO were in a boat fishing on the Irish coast.Not having any luck.A bottle came floating near and the CEO grabbed it and uncorked it.A genie appeared.The genie says "contrary to popular opinion,there is only one wish and you better be quick because there is some other place I would rather be".The CEO says "um um ah um ,can you turn the sea into Guiness?"."Done" says the genie,and disappears.The two men begin scooping beer out of the sea and drinking it.After a while the CFO says "nice work.Now we have to pee in the boat".

#20     Feb 19, 2007