Will State Of The Union lift market tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Winston, Jan 20, 2004.

1. Winston

Winston

Defecits aren't a bad thing when rates are low and we are at war.

#11     Jan 20, 2004
  2. Very very inspiring and justifying speech. Markets have no reason not to rise. Next year, the man will still be here. Market has 100% up room to go.

This economy grew strong and is going to grow stronger.

Productivity...

Jobs are on the rise.

#12     Jan 20, 2004
  3. Sure.. Nasdaq should be back to 5k in 1-2 years.

--MIKE

#13     Jan 20, 2004
  4. Pabst: did you see that speech too?? But on the last page it said they had him definitely pinned down to a hole in the ground - getting ready to storm it.

Hm...

#14     Jan 20, 2004
  5. We believe in you Dear Mr. President, LUV.

#15     Jan 20, 2004
  6. The one thousand jobs created in this country were generously promised simultaneously to high school and college graduates, the unemployed, illegal immigrants and ex-convicts.

#16     Jan 20, 2004
  7. brokerj

brokerj

Yeah... great post and one that is unique in this place... " the market will go either up or down"

Very profound, and the ONLY answer anyone can fairly offer!!

:D

#17     Jan 20, 2004
  8. noddyboy

noddyboy

I like the speech but I think it is all priced in. And when and if the market goes down tomorrow, people will start saying what a bad speach it was with bad proposals. And I am going to have to disagree.

#18     Jan 20, 2004
  9. no mention of evildoers and/or axis of evil...
    I guess no invading another country this year? should slow down additional war spending.. good for the economy/markets or not?

#19     Jan 21, 2004
  10. rgelite

rgelite

I don't know. I try not to predict (although it's human nature to try, I guess). When I trade, I react more to price action then to anticipate what might happen.

#20     Jan 21, 2004