Will State Of The Union lift market tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Winston, Jan 20, 2004.

1. Winston

Winston

I figured Kerry winning Iowa would cast a dark cloud over market today. Will Bush's upbeat State Of The Union lift market tomorrow.

2. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Ok, here is a little tip for you. While Mr. Bush is speaking, watch the USD/EUR pair on the Forex. Then compare it to the overnight activity. This will give you an early indication of market action.:)

PS...right now I am thinking long....they sold the rumor, now buy the news.

3. Pabst

Pabst

OOOH! Cathy stepping out as an International Global ARB!!!

4. So you're saying that you think the EUR/USD will go UP in price, or down tomorrow?

Regards,

5. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

I am not saying it will do either. Watch it tonight and US pre-market. It will either go up or go down. That is the direction to go with Wednesday.

As a general rule...on YM it looks like they sold the rumor. So in that case buy the news.

If both indicators give you a long indication, you have a very good chance of making money on the long side Wednesday. IMHO....which has been pretty good lately.

6. Pabst

Pabst

Advance copies of Bush's speach disclose both the whereabouts of Bin Laden and a secret plan to end the war.:D

7. gms

gms

Anytime Bush has spoken nationally, the markets suffer.

8. The text of the speech has been out for several hours. Markets are still slightly underwater. I doubt if there will be any upside surprises. But you never know.

This Put/Call ratio is something to behold.

And yeah, I'm talking my book.

:cool:

Dr. Zhivodka

9. Have to agree. Thanks to him and congress as well I think we have likely seen the last budget surplus of my generation.

It was like that Haley's comet commerical. If you reached down at the wrong time to grab a beer you missed it. (old budlight commerical I think)

Don't think it will have much effect eitherway unless the damn teleprompter fails. That things goes out W is in trouble bigtime if memory serves Bush without a que card is not a pretty sight.

Can't be as bad as Dean last night though. LOL

Click "Dean".

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/today.guest.html

someone post the full clip, if anyone hasn't heard it radio shows were all over it on the drive in this morning.

:p

:eek:

10. Winston

Winston

all that needs to be said bout that! Ya, when Bush spoke market would dip but as soon as he stopped it lifted.

#10     Jan 20, 2004