Will start daytrading in one week

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jturner, Aug 24, 2002.

1. He will be killed ...

#21     Aug 24, 2002
  2. Paper trades are good but you be involved as with real trades.

#22     Aug 24, 2002
  3. Paper trades are still better than just watching.

#23     Aug 24, 2002
  4. huh???

#24     Aug 24, 2002
  5. I read somewhere on this board that IB is not for daytrading. After leaving AB Watley I'm looking at Tradestation, Tera Nova Online, and MB- Tera Nova. Am I wrong ?. IB would have been my first choice also.

#25     Aug 24, 2002
  6. IB is definitely for daytrading; however TN would be my first choice, great support but more expensive.

#26     Aug 24, 2002
  7. Biomech

Biomech

I have to disagree strongly with this. I started with TN and the commissions ate me alive when starting out with small shares. If you start trading with 200 shares, you need to make 15 cents on the trade to BREAK EVEN. I was hemorrhaging money into the TN coffers. Since moving to IB a few months ago, I am a little bit up. With 200 shares, I only need to make 2 cents to break even. And when you move over 500 shares, you only need 1 cent to break even.

If you are already trading 1k+ shares though, I would say TN should be on your short list. Heck, when I start trading that kind of size, I will consider going back to TN.

#27     Aug 25, 2002
  8. Good point, I wasn't thinking of the size issue, mainly the support or lack of.

#28     Aug 25, 2002
  9. nitro

nitro

metoo,

you are killing me tonight - geez, I got to wipe the tears off me from laughing so hard.

nitro :)

#29     Aug 25, 2002
  10. you should find a place and pay them to teach you how to trade! Hopefully it will save you commissions

#30     Aug 25, 2002