Will SPX go back up to 3000?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by HeSaidSheSaid, Oct 15, 2018.

1. ok, $100 bet! [I think it will!]

2. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Ummmm. You need to specify a "By __________" point. ;)

(Oh, and, no -- I will not take your bet. We could be kissing 2900 next Friday. Fergawdsakes.....:rolleyes:)

3. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Excuse me. Did I say next Friday? Yeah?
    No no no -- I meant this Friday. Yeah yeah yeah. ;)

"We could be kissing 2900 this Friday.... Fergawdsakes..." :wtf::rolleyes:

:D

4. you're right! how about in a year or so? :) then we might get into iffy territory.

[on a side note, God's butler just sent me an email to inform since you've been a good boy all your life, a few fender benders and bar fights but they're forgivable. He said God has put your name down to win tonight $660 Mega million jackpot].

if you don't mind, remember to buy a me a yacht :)

tommcginnis likes this.
  5. Overnight

Overnight

This is the world's worst bet ever to go against.

Who the hell would ever bet against this?

They pay people 6 figures per to say that X will get to Y by Z.

But you want to be paid against a bet that cannot fail, ever? Yer' smokin' crack, dude. The only counter bet I have for you on this is that I bet you $100,000,000,000 that the S&P will not hit 3,000 by tomorrow's close. How's that?

6. then "no yacht for you" :)

ok, to make it interesting, how about in the next three months?

7. Overnight

Overnight

3,000 is truly foreseeable by end of January, once the third and fourth Q earnings are wrapped up. So long as we can get through the Trump trade shit.

So again, that is not a bet I would go against. That Blackstone guy who said 3K by end of year? Mmm, not sure. But by end of Jan? Sure, why not?

8. Cuddles

Cuddles

I think the dems taking the house in Nov. will mean a correction across the board...though may be advantageous to china.

9. Overnight

Overnight

On the other hand, Dems getting control could mean a foresight in the financial world of a repeal of the tariffs on china, and trade war ends. But it could also mean a repeal of tax cuts in 2021? So much to weigh. :)

10. maxinger

maxinger

It might go back to 3000.
    It might also go back to 2500, or even 1800.

What we don't know is when is recession.
    We know one big economic cycle is about a decade.
    The last recession was in 2008.

#10     Oct 17, 2018
    tommcginnis likes this.