will someone mentor me?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by TGpop, Oct 27, 2010.

1. joe4422

joe4422

Sounds like my last wife.

#11     Oct 27, 2010
  2. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

#12     Oct 27, 2010
  3. bighorn

bighorn

At 16, your main focus should be on your school work, getting into a good college and earning a meaningful degree. Only after you have a solid career under your belt and are financially secure should you be concerned with trading the markets. Unless you are here trolling for entertainment, your post depicts a path of certain failure written all over it.

Harsh? Perhaps, but nonetheless, reality.

#13     Oct 27, 2010
  4. nLepwa

nLepwa

Good advice.

First get a solid degree, preferably Math, Physics or Computer Science.
    And then trade for a living.

#14     Oct 27, 2010
  5. TGpop

TGpop

well the plan is to get a degree in economics and get a job somewhere related to trading (investment bank?)

now that you guys mention it though i want to trade to build up fortunes, not necessarily for a living, of course you need money to make money, so they say and i'm realising it more than ever now.

so guys, i am smart and i have gotten good grades in my latest exams, getting joint first across all economics exams :) . what jobs are there (apart from a trader) that are related to financial markets (i'd HAVE to work by the markets, i love it), aren't directly trading, and have a big ass salary £100,000+ (save up for a couple of years, then trade unagressively, 30% annual returns for 35 years gets a nice retirement)?

#15     Oct 27, 2010
  6. Some of you guys should be comedians. lol

#16     Oct 27, 2010
  7. I think he was being serious.

#17     Oct 27, 2010