Will SLV touch $10 or $60 First

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, May 6, 2011.

Will SLV touch $10 or $60 first?

1. $10

16 vote(s)
    24.6%
  2. $60

49 vote(s)
    75.4%
  1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#11     May 7, 2011
  2. above is one example: when silver bull had a blow-off top in 2006 it dived a lot and was not in a hurry to get to new highs

#12     May 7, 2011
  3. ==============
    Well more helpful perhaps than a poll numbers;
    77 minute chart is bullish, long term 200dma is nicely UP/bullish.
    but BEARish/on weekly chart is down.3 year weekly vol is polar bear/bearish/''shortie''

Besides i sold most [not all]of my2008/09 position late APR:.2011D
    Besides, i thought it would rush $55.55 area ,stop & reverse.
    Besides, i thought @very least it would take out old HIGH $50.15.
    Besides, i thought one of the dealers i do business would have some silver for me to nibble on at these levels-but SOLD all OUT.

I partly agree with a local dealer, who, when i asked him[silver buyer only 'NEVER SELLS']',Mr W******, is there ever a price you would not buy silver. He said ''NO; I have been buying silver & gold for 3 5 years.

:D
    Silver too sky high to buy now ;
    if its at this price and end of MAY/+.Well lets just say the long term trend is UP/bullish .Hi ho silver.:cool:

#13     May 7, 2011
  4. S2007S

S2007S

Larger margin requirements are only going to hold back new highs on silver moving forward.

#14     May 7, 2011
  5. it is clear that the margins will be raised even more if silver attempts to rally like crazy. SLV needs 40% gain to reach Apr highs. either it moves there slowly (if at all), or the brakes will be slammed again.

#15     May 7, 2011
  6. #16     May 7, 2011
  7. The production cost of physical sliver is only about $7 per ounce, the real problem is high grade silver mines are rare, and demand is high, if silver price drop to sub teens, I am sure some people will hording more physical at lower price.

The strange thing about commodities are raw materials always worth something, but finished products has life span which will rand it worthless in the future, especially high tech gadgets.

#17     May 7, 2011
  8. any good targets where to SLV could rebound if Friday was the turning point? Given the massive volatility >+10% bounce may happen in 1-2 days (actually SI had 10% range on Friday including the overnight session).

Right now I am not totally convinced that the bulls are out of the woods yet.

where are all Fib folks when you need them?

#18     May 7, 2011
  9. I vote for $10
    [​IMG]

#19     May 7, 2011
  10. I know this kind of number if often quoted, but it is really misleading - how many millions of dollars went into mines that didn't produce any silver? How many companies went under? Just because one large company can "produce" silver for $7 when their operations are humming doesn't mean much to the world. In other words, how much TOTAL money was spend to search for and mine silver and how much silver was recovered. I bet the number is much, much, higher then and way over $10.

I will give anyone $800 for their 100 ounces of silver - $100 easy bucks, right? Just go produce it for $700. Nope. Has to be done in large qtys, with great risk and only for short periods do they get that reward. MS Office is probably made for $2, but sold for $200+, and while there is more then one silver miner in the world, there aren't millions of them!

The Gold/Silver ratio should be at least 32, probably 16 would make more sense. Unless gold falls below $1000, silver will stay up good. I doubt Gold will really even fall below $500 again and...

The answer to this is easy, easy, easy....I don't know what the timing will be on the upside or how far down exactly it will go, but Silver will NOT hit $10 again (I won't be certain about SLV, but silver as quoted on kitco.com).

JJacksET4

#20     May 7, 2011