Will Rummy Survive?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dougcs, May 10, 2004.

1. keep in mind, these same things were permitted to happen in afghanistan back in late 2001 and thru 2002 when the taliban's opponents (northern alliance) were allowed to torture the captured taliban troops, including letting them die in the desert inside locked freight cars.

#11     May 10, 2004
  2. Cutten

Cutten

Depends how bad the next set of photos are. IMO he'll go within a month.

#12     May 10, 2004
  3. Pabst

Pabst

This is no scandal. Imagine if there were no photos but only press reports like the following,"human-rights activist's charge that Iraqi prisoners were subjected to humiliation including nude twister and being led around on a leash by a 21yo woman." Yawn.

Compare the "outrage" over humiliation to the massacre of 119 civilians by Lt.Calley at My Lai in 1968. This shits like a sit-com compared to woman and children being slaughtered in Nam. Neither Rummy nor anyone else in the admin will lose their job over this BS.

#13     May 10, 2004
  4. RUMSFELD.EXIT.JUN04

BID: 17.5
    ASK: 25.0

Those with strong opinions on this should feel free to put their money where their mouth is...

http://www.tradesports.com/

#14     May 10, 2004
  5. has anyone of you guys seen that dateline or 60min special on rummy? that was like 2-3 weeks ago. my interpretation of the show was that he's a pretty crazy guy.

#15     May 10, 2004
  6. BSAM

BSAM

Hold up a minute. Can anyone tell me why Rumsfeld SHOULD be fired?

#16     May 10, 2004
  7. IMO, there is no reason other than to solve a political problem that now exists for Bush's reelection.

DS

#17     May 10, 2004
  8. smokescreen for the real problems........magician's sleight of hand....................."and the women come and go, speaking of Michelangelo"

grimer11

#18     May 10, 2004
  9. Dereliction of duty?

Asleep at the wheel?

Just a plain dumb ass?

Take your pick.

#19     May 10, 2004
  10. didnt send enough Americans to fight for Israel.

grimer11

#20     May 10, 2004