Will Range Rover's head explode?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Navin Johnson, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Obama impeachment a possibility, says Ron Paul

Ron Paul said Monday that President Barack Obama’s targeted killing of Anwar al-Awlaki might be an impeachable offense.

Asked at a Manchester, N.H. town hall meeting about last week’s killing of the American-born Al Qaeda leader, the Texas congressman said impeachment would be “possible,” but that he wants to know more about how the administration “flouted the law.”

Paul called the killing a movement toward “tyranny.”

“I put responsibility on the president because this is obviously a step in the wrong direction,” Paul said. “We have just totally disrespected the Constitution.”

The comments once again put Paul at odds with his Republican rivals over foreign policy and the war on terror in the latest indication of how his foreign policy views stray far from Republican orthodoxy even in a GOP that’s taken on an increasingly isolationist bent. Candidates like Michele Bachmann and Mitt Romney — who included the president in a list of people he commended in a statement released Friday — have generally been supportive of the killing. No one else in the field has spoken out against it.

But Paul’s stuck with the civil libertarians who’ve criticized the targeted killing of an American citizen without public due process.

Paul, speaking at the University of New Hampshire’s Manchester campus as part of a brief swing through the state, also made another pitch for eliminating the federal income tax.

“If our lives and our liberty are our own, we ought to be able to keep the fruits of our labor,” he said.

But he modulated a bit when asked about eliminating social welfare programs, offering a caution that he said “might be a bit too pragmatic for some.”

“I have an ideal of what we should strive for and a goal, and that would be no social services,” he said. “But for me it’s trying to work our way out of this. … I don’t argue we should drop those cold. I don’t even believe in closing down the Federal Reserve in one day.”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/65035.html

2. Article is slightly inaccurate; Herman Cain agreed with Ron Paul that the President overstepped his authority.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPQw1xkAEow&feature=player_embedded

Actually, this is the second demonstrable usurpation of the Constitution by Obama, the first being Libya.

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

IQ 47 voted for Obama and says he supports Ron Paul.

It's a political enigma.

4. http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20109638-503544.html

Ron Paul: I'd consider putting Dennis Kucinich in my cabinet

Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul, R-Tex., says he'd consider putting liberal lawmaker Dennis Kucinich, D-Ohio, in his cabinet if elected president, according to the Hill.

Paul, speaking at an event hosted by the Christian Science Monitor on Wednesday, said his libertarian politics allowed him to see eye-to-eye with liberal counterparts on issues like war - and quipped that he'd have to consider creating a "Department of Peace" if he brought Kucinich, a frequent critic of American military action abroad, on board.

"You've got to give credit to people who think," he said.

"Being pragmatic is about forming coalitions," he added. "I probably work with coalitions better than the other candidates. I don't think I've said anything negative here about the president."

Nevertheless, Paul said he thought Americans were turning to the GOP in times of economic hardship.

"I think the whole country's come that way [toward the Republican party] - like I've mentioned before, educationally and out of need. I think it's very, very clear and I think that's why we're doing so much better in the polls; I think that's why our organization is much stronger," he said. "So I definitely think the issues have come our way."

Paul's presidential bid has so far failed to gain traction among a widespread base, and some - including Daily Show host Jon Stewart - have argued that the longtime Texas lawmaker was being unfairly ignored by the press.

Paul said on Wednesday that Stewart "really made our case for how things are handled" in the media.

5. RR trying to change the topic.

6. JamesL

JamesL

Then I guess his head DID explode.

7. I didn't see any posts from RR but Lucrum is the one who changed the subject stating it was a political enigma how a lib could vote for Paul .I was just trying to help the dumb bastard out

8. Max E.

Max E.

Range Rover says...... "Fuck Logic!"

[​IMG]