Will QT Advanced Screener continue?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by barata, Nov 8, 2011.

1. barata

barata

I like the Quotetracker Advanced Screener, and I'm assuming that it is running from a TDAmeritrade server. But perhaps it is in a secret room and the key has been lost; or if not perhaps no one will be able to figure out how to turn it off when the time comes.

Does anyone know...?

2. QT Advanced Screener feature gets the data from the exact same location as the TD Ameritrade Advanced Analyzer, so as long as they continue to update that data, QT's feature will work as well.

3. barata

barata

That's good news. Long live the Advanced Analyser!

4. welll, not quite - they are drawing down Advanced Analyzer as well I believe.

5. hayman

hayman

From what I've been told, TD Ameritrade is going EOL on every single one of their platforms except ToS, which will allegedly incorporate all the features of their great apps (cough, cough.....). That means that the following will be going EOL shortly: Medved QuoteTracker, Advanced Analyzer, Strategy Desk. 3 great applications, all going EOL. TD Ameritrade will lose a lot of business making ToS the base platform for their trading moving forward. I understand that they may not have the resources to support all of them, but those who made the ToS purchase and the decision to make it THE platform moving forward, made a grave mistake. It wouldn't be the first time, that board members made the wrong decision.