Will price double for Tim Hortons IPI this week (like Chipotle)?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by canadian_dude, Mar 20, 2006.

1. ananda

ananda

At issue. I only ever subscribe at the issue price. I only ever take stock in the issue from the syndicate.

#21     Mar 24, 2006
  2. Bigmak

Bigmak

I would have liked to get some stock at issue myself, but I wasn't exactly sure how. Does IB fulfill requests for shares at issue?

#22     Mar 24, 2006
  3. If a $15,000 or so gain means nothing to you, why even bother buying the stock then??

#23     Mar 24, 2006
  4. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Tim Horton is no Chipolte. Wendy's has already tried to expand the concept aggressively in the US, and it did not take outside of a few cities close to the Canadian Border and they ended up closing almost all of them due to low sales. They even tried combining them with a Wendy's store to save on Real Estate costs, and even that did not work for them, they still closed the Tim Horton. The shop is already all over the place in Canada, so I dont really see that it has too much room left to expand.

Brandon

#24     Mar 24, 2006
  5. ananda

ananda

Perhaps you can now see my point. All the hoo ha about how the stock was going to open was pointless. Sure, 500 shares if the stock had doubled would have been pleasing; but it didn't.

You can't afford the emotions.

As it turns out, the profit on 500 shares was pretty unexciting and certainly not enough to pay much back to the broker.

Turn the stock, play the game and move onto the next.

#25     Mar 25, 2006