will people pull money out of gold

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by maxitronixy, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Since no one has the foggiest, all you are going to compile is a bunch of random guesses. If the economists don't know, what are anonymous posters going to say.

You buy some, and it goes up or down. If it goes up, you think u r a genius. If it goes down, u kick yourself.

Gold makes sense as a small part of your overall assets. Try to dollar-cost average (you buy the same dollar amount of something each time - when gold higher you get less, when gold lower, you get more). that tends to push down the average price of whatever you accumulate.

#11     Nov 13, 2009
  2. It's a religion, I agree. I think that's because it has both moral (anti government, anti central banks, etc...) as investment appeal to it.

Very few other assets do that.

You own real estate because you like to do the plumbing there?
    You own bankstocks...because you love Wall Street?
    You own oil because you want to pay more to fill up your car?

#12     Nov 13, 2009
  3. short term, anybody'guess, opinions on the long term?

it seems china , even india and other central banks are putting money where their mouth is.

so i just buy on the major dips and accumalte?

#13     Nov 16, 2009
  4. kaciara

kaciara

i think it's time to short gold...

#14     Nov 16, 2009
  5. Let us know how that goes for you.

#15     Nov 16, 2009
  6. Gold is the best long term invstment for the next 10 years. It's the only thing worth buying and holding if trading makes you nervous.

We have a long way to go before the dollar stabilizes. A really long way to go.

#16     Nov 16, 2009
  7. kaciara

kaciara

not so good... :)
    at all

#17     Dec 2, 2009
  8. Stop trying to put yourself in front of a speeding train, hoping you'll pick the exact moment and point where the train stops.

Just get on the train, stand near the exit (in case you need to jump off right away) and use smaller-than-normal positions with tight stops.

It's free Fed money.

#18     Dec 2, 2009
  9. My .0000001g of Gold.

The last time we saw such confidence in a trend was Crude Oil. I`m just a spectator.

#19     Dec 2, 2009
  10. Oh, I agree 100%. But if you recall back then, there were all these "Oil top at $70!" and then every $10 increment from that point on. People tried shorting it, blew up, tried again, blah blah...wasn't until oil at the high $140's did it finally exhaust itself.

Same here. Stop trying to short it until it turns.

#20     Dec 2, 2009