Will PC trading software migrate to ipad?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 0008, Sep 1, 2010.

1. just21

just21

Trading is migrating the other way to a data centre vps or dedicated server.

#31     Sep 11, 2013
  2. Daal are you using login to tws standard or the app on android?

#32     Sep 11, 2013
  3. Daal

Daal

I was talking about the app. the PC TWS is okay, its not great as DASTrader or other platforms but its ok

#33     Sep 11, 2013
  4. I can't imagine any trading software that would run on an iPad would be software I'd want to use. Just the absence of a high quality keyboard (and thus keyboard shortcuts) would be basically fatal.

Plus of course no wired networking, which is pretty much a requirement for a reliable connection.

I guess if you're doing really long time frame stuff it might be OK.

#34     Sep 11, 2013
  5. volente_00

volente_00

ipad/iphone work okay for monitoring trades and adjusting parameters instead of staying glued to a pc or laptop.

I use them frequently to monitor day trades and adjust targets and stops.

Connection is usually rock solid and if you are around wifi you have backup there as well.

Entering trades is another story.

There is no substitute for daytrading futures from the dom on a large lcd versus a small screen

#35     Sep 11, 2013
  6. Since what I do is daytrade futures, that may be where some of my bias comes from, although I'm not that big on the DOM.

But I've seriously though about buying one of those new 4K 50" TVs and using that as my monitor. Basically a quad display setup without the need for a rack. But I'm concerned about picture crispness. In any case the screen on an iPad (let alone phone) seems painfully small.

#36     Sep 11, 2013