Will PC trading software migrate to ipad?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 0008, Sep 1, 2010.

1. 0008

Would those software for trading in PC eg. TS, Ninja, AmiBroker migrate to ipad? Or they will stay in the wintel world?

2. LeeD

LeeD

How many trading applications do you know that run on MacOS on iMac without some kind of Windows emulation?

Very few do. If traders want to use specific software they are expected to have suitable hardware.

Besides being "cool", iPad doesn't have anything that a laptop running Windows can't offer.

3. I prefer to trade with a small notebook. [​IMG]

4. What would be the desirable points in running trading software on an ipad?

So you can trade from the kitchen walking to the living room?
    That you really like no-mouse and no-keyboard set up?

Not being an ass. Just want to the know what the driving factors are for people to use ipad.

5. I'm still waiting for the virtual reality promises set forth in Lawnmower Man and Existenz to make their way to the trading world. That way I can really get "in the zone", as they say. :cool:

6. Just think, now you can have Maria Bartiromo within your grasp....

7. bone

bone

The real issue might be: how impulsive and uninformed would a trader act within reach of an iPad? Three pints of Sam Adams seated at a ball game in a thin evening market - sounds chippy.

Maria Bartiromo certainly warrants an impulsive response.

8. Mr J

Mr J

Mobility. It's great being able to trade when out and about. Obviously it's very limited if you watch a lot of markets or trade fast timeframes, but a slower intraday trader who focuses on fewer markets should manage fine with the one screen. I was amazed at how little I missed multi monitors once I tested my tablet.

That said, awhile tablets are mobile, they don't fit into a pocket. I'm looking at moving down to a smartphone.

9. Hm, really? Especially the IPad is VERY limited in that regard. The answer then still is IMHO no - if you do slower trades, then a web interface is good enough ;)

That said, I am sure quite alot of people will come up with trading appsfor the Ipad ;)

#10     Oct 1, 2010