Will Obama's jobs plan improve the economy?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by chaosclarity, Sep 8, 2011.

1. heypa

heypa

Who thinks "O" is really trying to create jobs?
    In my opinion only the true believers.
    IMHO he is well on his way toward successfully bankrupting this formerly great nation.
    To do it in only one term is an astounding great achievement.
    Do not underestimate this man and his backers.
    The German people underestimated Hitler to their peril.

#41     Sep 10, 2011
  2. Obama's intentions are fairly obvious. Another recession will make Obama unelectable, however, if he can somehow hold the country up out of recession then he has a chance at getting re-elected...even if he proposes a plan but it never gets put into place then he has a better chance of getting re-elected because now he has an excuse to tell the crowd.

#42     Sep 10, 2011
  3. dtan1e

dtan1e

wonder where they come up with that number 450, bc lots questions remain unanswered such as what sort of skills set will be sought and for what salary each, for how long, what are the projects, where's each projects' master plan, where they going to get funding, what is the long term ramifications of debt or "QE", do they even need this projects, are there better uses for the funds, any decent company that is going to spend that kind of money and doesn't have a proper plan is going to f**k up and for any company it takes a few years just to plan for that kind of investment, since its obvious they r going to squander this 450, instead of it ending up in some rich geezers' hands it is likely better as cash handouts to the unemployed indefinitely

#43     Sep 10, 2011
  4. payroll taxes don't go into SSI anymore than any other taxes. They all go in the unified fund.

Not a real solution? Lower taxes is the ONLY solution.

What do I care if the country goes broke? How will that affect me?

Deficit smechifit. Who cares? As long as they don't take it from me.

All taxes should always be lower, and when they get too low, they should be lowered again.

What is it with you republicans? You don't like lower taxes because you didn't think of it?

#44     Sep 10, 2011
  5. The best way to stimulate the economy and create jobs would be to eliminate all fuel taxes at the pump, both for truckers and 4 wheelers.

Then raise the minimum wage to $10/hr.

Every business has already laid off everyone they can, Raising the wage won't create more unemployment, and people making less than $10/hr will have some money to spend.

It's only money. We print it everyday and we can do whatever we want with it.

Inflation? No problem. Just start paying workers in gas coupons, foodstamps, and Walmart gift certificates.

Housing? I'll spare you till I think about it.

#45     Sep 10, 2011
  6. jobs plans are for communists.

#46     Sep 10, 2011
  7. no kidding, and the one that cracks me up is calling some people "workers"

#47     Sep 10, 2011
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Sounds like you're hoping for a pay raise.

#48     Sep 10, 2011
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

In short Obama has no real detailed plan. He's never come up with one in his entire life. He and his cabinet have absolutely no idea whatsoever what to do or how to go about doing it. To them mountains of other people's money will solve any problem, and if not then they just didn't spend enough to start with.

#49     Sep 10, 2011
  10. I figured it out one time.

My first year trading I made the equivalent of $8/hr. (And that's assuming I only spent 40 hrs a week on it.)

I made $7.90 an hr at night working in a C store.

I was the only one on the night shift.

I got to thinking, no matter how hgh the minimum wage, they're not going to close this place just because it costs them an extra 16 bucks to pay me to clean this place up every night.

#50     Sep 10, 2011