Will Obama ever be asked these questions by the MSM?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hapaboy, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Fair enough. I didn't know at the time that "best of the goofy bunch" was an earnest compliment. :cool:

Anyways, yeah, I like how he goes after the black nut jobs.

#31     Jul 25, 2008
  2. Well had you listened to KABC at anytime in the last 15 years....you'd know what I'm saying.

But...it's all good. Good weekend to you and yours.

#32     Jul 25, 2008
  3. Thanks, Doc. Sounds like I've been missing out.

I hope the Doc Clan has a good weekend as well.

#33     Jul 25, 2008
  4. hapa:

"ROFLMAO! Any more links you'd care to provide instead of simply saying "Most of them, yes" and then referring to Middle Eastern newspapers?!?"

Well in topics about Jerusalem, it's the paper of record, actually. But okay, I'll play your game -- how about CNN?

"In an interview today with CNN's Candy Crowley, Obama said of Jerusalem, "obviously, it's going to be up to the parties to negotiate a range of these issues. And Jerusalem will be part of those negotiations."

You may not like his answer, but he's been asked and asked and asked again. Now will you answer my question -- why are you only reading out the mainstream news which implies that he hasn't been asked?

"How about this: Consult with the Generals on the ground, i.e. Petraeus, whether or not pulling the troops out in about 16 months is a good strategy to begin with. Isn't that a novel idea?"

Why Petreaus and not the previous Generals who have been sequentially fired for not being the administrations handmaidens. I would suggest that asking General Shinseki would be the smartest move.

Generals implement foreign policy, they don't set foreign policy.

#34     Jul 25, 2008
  5. First of all, do you understand what the MSM is? Mainstream Media. In this context, the American Mainstream Media. We are talking American politics, aren't we? Obama and McCain are Americans running for President of the US, aren't they? So I'm sorry, but the Jerusalem Post doesn't count.

Second, just because Obama said what he said about Jerusalem to CNN, does not mean that CNN posed the question as Mr. Elder wrote it:

Q: You announced support for a two-state solution between the Israelis and the Palestinians, with Jerusalem as the undivided capital of Israel. The next day, you reversed course, leaving the disposition of Jerusalem a matter to be negotiated between the Israelis and the Palestinians. Can you clarify?

So you see, what is important here isn't that Obama made a generic statement about Jerusalem, but whether he was asked to clarify his position on it and if his response was a direct answer to that question.

Gladly. The point of Mr. Elder's column is to illustrate the lack of Obama having to account for his ever-changing positions on various issues, and by the AMERICAN MAINSTREAM MEDIA. Or isn't it important to you that the AMERICAN MAINSTREAM MEDIA, which is the source of news for most Americans, ask a Presidential candidate these kinds of questions?

Utter lunacy. You are implying that Petreaus is loyal to one man, Bush, and not his country. Have you forgotten that Petraues was confirmed by Congress, which has a Dem majority? Shinseki is not in command, Petraeus is.

Of course. But in military matters, the President relies on military experts for guidance to assist him in setting foreign policy. Get it? More importantly, why the fuck should Obama, a CANDIDATE, for Chrissakes, be able to dictate foreign policy?!?

C'mon man, I know you're not stupid. Just admit BO is getting the velvet treatment from the American mainstream media.

Any other softballs you want to throw me?

#35     Jul 26, 2008
    #36     Jul 26, 2008