Will Obama Blame George Bush Tonight

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Sep 6, 2012.

Will Obama Blame George Bush In His DNC Acceptance Speech?

1. Yes, It's All Bush's Fault

14 vote(s)
    93.3%
  2. No, Obama Will Man Up To His Failures

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Obama Will Mention Bush But Not Blame Him

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. It is hard to explain the culture here, so I will not try, but there is a reason for the old moniker, "Will it play in Peoria". I am not a native, but as time has gone by, these people have a knack for some things.

The GOP is in full retreat. Watch and see. Remember what I said about Obama and the Catholic flap? How about that child labor and farmer thingy?

I am telling you this thing is done. Wait and see.

#31     Sep 6, 2012
  2. Have to agree with you about the final outcome, it's going to be close. I still think Obama will win, but not by more than a couple points.

#32     Sep 6, 2012
  3. Obama needs two of three states. Ohio, Penn, and Florida. After that, it is a wrap. You have to live in the Midwest to know these people. I am telling that speech by bill was targeted toward the Heartland, and it stuck home. Watch.

#33     Sep 6, 2012
  4. JamesL

JamesL

Former President George W. Bush will not attend the Republican convention next month in Tampa, POLITICO has learned.

“President Bush was grateful for the invitation to the Republican National Convention,” Bush spokesman Freddy Ford wrote in an e-mail.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns...ng-republican-national-convention-129622.html

#34     Sep 6, 2012
  5. I certainly hope so, but am a bit concerned about voter turnout, and voter suppression.

#35     Sep 6, 2012
  6. One thing for sure, Nov. 7th is going to be a hoot. Either Chris Matthews will be curled up on the floor whimpering, racist bastards, the dirty racist bastards, or we'll have Limbaugh, Hannity and Beck dressed up like these three.
    http://www.sonofthesouth.net/revolutionary-war/political/patriots.htm

#36     Sep 6, 2012
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Once again, I assure you I understand quite clearly now that you believe this thing is done. I can use the same argument about the "pulse" you're trying to pull. I live in Florida. People here are furious about the current administration. It's on the radio (and I'm not talking political radio), it's all in the office, everywhere and everyone I talk to. The sense is that everyone is quietly pissed off and just waiting to be heard on election day.

There's one Obama supporter in the office - actually a very good personal friend of mine. Drives me crazy, but he's solid on Obama. He keeps his head down.

I could go on record and say "it's over in Florida, Mitt is going to carry it. Done deal" and all the same shit. But the reality is the polling is close, so I have to concede it could go either way.

Now you try.

#37     Sep 6, 2012
  8. I am not, at the grass root level, the are saying that the GOP is trying to go back to German Shepards and water hoses. The dem base is mobilized, and it is much larger than the GOP base, especially given the tack the GOP has taken. I am so confident of this that if Obama loses I will leave ET, for life.

#38     Sep 6, 2012
  9. I don't know the mentality in Florida, I do in Ohio for sure, and Penn maybe. He will carry two out of three of these, Ivan. I am sure of it.

#39     Sep 6, 2012
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Ok, that's fine. You can speculate all you want on anything you want. Just stop trying to sell it to me like it is written in stone fact.

#40     Sep 6, 2012