Will Obama Blame George Bush Tonight

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Sep 6, 2012.

Will Obama Blame George Bush In His DNC Acceptance Speech?

1. Yes, It's All Bush's Fault

14 vote(s)
    93.3%
  2. No, Obama Will Man Up To His Failures

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Obama Will Mention Bush But Not Blame Him

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. Brass

Brass

Nah, mrbill, the good Cap'n knows these things. If a person falls out of a 3-story window in, say, a matter of 2 or 3 seconds, it only follows that he should be able to pick himself up, dust himself off and be on his way in about half that time. Putting things back together normally takes less than half the time it takes to smash them apart. Everyone knows that.

#21     Sep 6, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Economics 101, from almost 40 years ago, doesn't make you an expert Gabby.

#22     Sep 6, 2012

3. The Cap'n is a good guy, I think he is on the wrong side of the fence here tho. But as far as GOP types go, he is a Jack Kemp type. A sane Republican.

One thing Christie and Clinton both said, we need to be able go across the aisle again. Right now, whomever wins will consider it a referendum on the other. I thought 2008 was Gettysburg. But it was only the first day. November will decide the battle once and for all.

#23     Sep 6, 2012
  4. At this point mrbill, it is purely frustration. Wait until after November, they will be talking Ft. Sumter again by then.:D

#24     Sep 6, 2012
  5. The Maestro already tied that bell around Bush's neck, last night.

If you need a bit more humor___"Bush fucked up SO BAD, he made it hard for a white man to be President"___Chris Rock.:D

#25     Sep 6, 2012
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I pray he blames Bush. I really do. So many people watching will just groan in dismay when he does, it'll totally be worth it. Why not throw a "you didn't build that" comment in there while he's at it? Even if taken out of context (which it was) there are few things that will piss off the populace more.

#26     Sep 6, 2012
  7. Brass

Brass

Personally, I think Bush deserves some trickle-down honorable mention for his deft hand at the helm. If the RNC was not even willing to mention his name, let alone invite him to the party, the Democrats should at least acknowledge his place in history.

#27     Sep 6, 2012
  8. You miss read the sentiment, Ivan. I live in the Heartland. The Bush argument Clinton made resonated. This election is over. You heard it here first.

#28     Sep 6, 2012
  9. Actually, no, you did not here it here first. LeapUp, conceded a bit after midnight today. So you heard it there first. Find the thread Slick Willy.

#29     Sep 6, 2012
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Yes, I heard it from you first. Also heard it from you second, third and ad naseum repeatedly. I get it, you think the election is a done deal. Let me state what I have each time you've said it to me: I don't think it is a done deal, given the dead heat the candidates are in.

I don't know which is more entertaining, though. You believing Clinton's words are going to be remembered in two months and overshadow all the debates, or whether you expect me to believe you have your pulse on the heartland merely because you live in Peoria. You did a lot of polling on the phone last night, did you?

#30     Sep 6, 2012