Will my track record raise good money?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by qll, Jul 13, 2007.

1. qll

qll

Trading since 1997. Actively traded 6 years. I have 2 yr trade statements, but only the past 12 months are easy to show P/L, because of the broker's statement format. I made another $200K in Chinese markets, but I exited from it last month.

I had a big drawdown in 2006 august.

I have $900K in US equity now. I am not trying to raise large amount of capitals. Another $500K to $2M will be nice. For this small size, a formal hedge fund will be a waste. I don't want to go through the friends and family route. I already tried. Bad method. I made 20% for one month and I was called a loser, because somebody else made 50%. I lost 2% a day and I would have to explain. I don't want to be questioned every day for my performance and trades. You can never refuse a friend or family's call.

Here is my US stock account summary. Please give me some advice on how to raise some money.

2. Your a great laff, pal.

Keep it up....

3. What makes you think non-family members won't be as harsh?

4. If you're as good as that chart says, it won't take you long to reach $3M with your $900k. Why bother trying to raise money and (as you put it) explain to clients each time your NAV dropped by 2%?

Just keep trading your own money.

5. Are you trying to say you returned 20% without margin accounted?

Secondly, what you posted isn't a broker statement? It has zero value

6. u21c3f6

u21c3f6

"Just keep trading your own money."

Ditto.

Joe.

7. gpzany

gpzany

Read Marty Schwartz's book regarding trading other people's money...

8. Qll---

Why would you want to start a fund a take the usual 2 and 20 fees when you're maing much more money doing what you're doing now.....and you don't have to deal with any other people?

Personally, I don't think any successful trader should consider the hedge fund route unless they could raises a MINIMUM of 10-15 million. Anything less than that, and a good trader would most likely be better off trading prop (for the leverage).

9. Double ditto. $900k with your track record, if you can keep doing it which I assume you can if your spreadsheet is true, is more than enough to work with. You should be able to turn that into quite a bit more and should ignore the hassle of taking on more money. Focus. :D

10. F&F is your best bet at this stage. Don't discard it.

#10     Jul 13, 2007