WILL MISS this market!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Batman28, Mar 19, 2008.

1. What other reason is there? ET is a business, more people seeing the ads, more advertising income for the owner, this isn't shameless and is totally normal. They don't owe you a ''clean and intelligent'' forum. you owe them.

#11     Mar 19, 2008
  2. I agree completely, but Batman makes it out like its so easy or something. Considering he has said umteen times that he isnt a trader yet comes here to tell traders how to go about making it big is kinda silly. He doesnt consider the other side of the coin which, for most everyone who isnt highly skilled, most likely will lead to large losses and very quickly.

#12     Mar 19, 2008
  3. I understand the gist of Batmans post, however he is coming off as nothing more than an opportunistic, wide-eyed, newbie.

If trading is your career choice, then as a trader, you have different tools for different markets. This game changes frequently. If you have the tools to trade volatility and large swings successfully but nothing else in your toolchest, you will be out of the business on the next game change.

I "learned" to trade futures when volatility was high. Then volatility dried up. Now it's back. So what!

Yup. This is a great market. But the markets before, and the markets yet to be are great too.

Osorico :)

#13     Mar 19, 2008
  4. This is definitely the best trader's market since 03.

If you are consistently profitable trading a market like this, you are in heaven, are that rarest of species, and should be bagging money by the truckload.

#14     Mar 19, 2008
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

I agree 100% ...yes you can be wrong...but you can also be right... :D

#15     Mar 19, 2008
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

true dat

#16     Mar 19, 2008
  7. I have to say from an option trader's standpoint, this high volatility is what makes option trading profitable for me.
    In the years prior to July 2007 (but not including 2000-2002), when the VIX was in the 12-15 range, I was doing good to capture 1 account double in a year.
    Now my option trading account is doubling roughly every 3-4 months.
    Now mind you, my option trading account isn't all my assets, its just a higher risk account representing a small percentage of my total investment assets, therefore its not uncommon to take higher risks and achieve higher rewards with this type of account.

If you look at the attached 10 month chart of the VIX, you will notice that since July 2007 the VIX has been in an untrend supported by its rising 200 day moving average.
    This totally coincides with when my option trading really started taking off.

#17     Mar 19, 2008
  8. Here's the VIX chart I forgot to attach the first time.

#18     Mar 19, 2008
  9. I have submitted multiple bs postings/rants/black threads to mods, without having any, and I mean any response or removal of threads, posts, or members. This site is one of 4 that I check on a daily basis.

I can guarantee unless a post is made here by a known contributor I take it with a grain of salt. This site is a joke for people who are serious about profitable trading.

#19     Mar 19, 2008
  10. Agreed 100%

I sent a private message to Baron last week regarding this same topic and how there doesn't seem to be ANY concern whatsoever about the quality of content in the Trading Forum and never got a reply back.

I am beginning to believe that some of these posters simply make absurd and sensationalist kinds of threads/posts so as to keep "web-activity" up, which then allows the owner of this site to present such marketing "data" to potential advertisers.

For all we know, these "posters" are college kids that are working part-time on ET and get paid by the post.

It's really a shame, because ET could be a great Forum for serious and experienced traders to exchange all sorts of ideas. It should have become a paid subscription site a long time ago, but Baron refused to go that route.

Instead, ET has become a total joke.
    Sad, but true.

:(

#20     Mar 19, 2008