Will Jon Stewart Destroy Cramer's "Career"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by flytiger, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Thanks for the props, they're appreciated but don't misconstrue what I'm saying. I'm not blaming Obama for the "mess" I'm blaming him for the market and it's lack of confidence in his solutions.

This could have been just another garden variety washout but INSTEAD it turned into a crisis because investors are unsettled. Hell none of us here have a clue as to our tax rate. Not cool.

And as I posted on in the P&R forum earlier: "If Obama was truly confidence inspiring then people would be confident. It's a simple extrapolation. But why would they be. He has the same Defense Sec as Bush, his Secretary of State's best known foreign foray was lying about being shot at in Bosnia and his Treasury Sec is a tax cheating, bull on the highs, stuck in the box bureaucrat. Half his other picks either dropped out of the nomination process because of ethical concerns or because they couldn't stomach working for him."

Traders suspected Obama would be Carter. He's done little thus far to alleviate that perception.

#21     Mar 11, 2009
  2. EPrado

EPrado

You blaming Obama for the stock mkt meltdown is priceless. You are my amigo Pabst...but you are also insane at times. While Obama isn't helping the situation, the wheels for this meltdown have been in place for yrs during your buddy Bush's term. Blaming Obama is rather weak.

As far as Right vs Left and all. I think both sides can find one thing to agree upon....Cramer is a useless piece of shit. He was NEVER a good trader. What he did at his hedge fund any person with a pulse rate could have done. He is responsible for leading a lot of sheep to the slaughterhouse.

Anyways...I'll be at GP on Sat celebrating my 40th. If you care to have a beer or 20 over there pm me.

#22     Mar 11, 2009
  3. I'd LOVE to do GP if I can. I'm dealing though with Crazy Bitch #18 in my life......

You ever seen Dreaming Of Anna or Audacious Chloe run?

#23     Mar 11, 2009
  4. The people who say politics are not to blame for this depression are ignorant.

History clearly shows that Republicans cause most of the crises of the world.

Everytime a republican went in office budget deficit soared, wars were started and America's name in the world got tarnished. Republicans are big spenders, yet they are for small government incomes. Big spending and small income equals credit crunch. Yum!:p

#24     Mar 11, 2009
  5. You are talking as if no one on the right has ever lied or cheated. Remember mushroom cloud? Pat Tilman?

And the most common lie is, "I'm not gay".

#25     Mar 11, 2009
  6. The market didn't give a shit about Pat Tilman (RIP). Get real. The market cares that the Treasury Secretary was OUT TO LUNCH as Chairman of the NY Fed and that his sign off on the budget i.e. taxes and the stimulus makes him look WEAK and STUPID.

I would have picked Mohamed A. El-Erian. At least traders would've said, "wow smart guy. Knows Treasuries." Someone like El-Erian could NEVER get the job. He'd look over Obama's policies and laugh in his face.....

#26     Mar 11, 2009
  7. EPrado

EPrado

18 huh? I don't think I am up to 18 yet. Although first wife counted as 10 crazy bitches.

I don't think I have seen them run live, but have watched their races. Dreaming of Anna is owned by Frank Calabrese right? She won The BC a few yrs ago. Nice horse.

#27     Mar 11, 2009
  8. Wasn't Paul O' Neal forced out because he did not believe in the real conservative mantra, "Deficits does not matter". Market is made up of people like you and I and million others and if we don't give a shit about Pat Tilman and the people that sacrificed for this country then maybe the market is not that important when you look at the larger picture.

#28     Mar 11, 2009
  9. NKNY

NKNY

Actually my friend they did. Banks were forced to lend to low income, un credit worthy individuales.

I can expain if you wish but I'm on my cell phone and my thumbs are too big.

#29     Mar 11, 2009
  10. bighog

bighog Guest

papst

A man of your intelligence and upbringing should have a better handle on politics at this late stage of your life. I mean come on and give Obama a break, he is "TALL TIMBER" compared to the clown he defeated who has one leg in the grave.

The republicans need a new message to even have a "fat chance" of regaining any seats in 2010. They need a different message from the old worn out one of sucking up to the rich. The republicans need to actually care about children, workers, older people, animals, trees, air, clean water etc, etc. The republicans need to quit telling everyone else how to run their life. The republicans need to quit telling us how to live by their own hypocritic oath of screwing everyone else in the name of profits at any cost.

The republicans can do us all a favor to help the social security funding by showing how they do not believe in big brother handouts by refusing to sign up for social security benefits and medicare. I mean how cool and BIG of them would that be? Show how you care about the country and less about politics by refusing handouts instead of picking some silly loser broad that can see Russia from her bedroom window.

Obama is going to drive the republicans more goofy than Bill "fast zipper" Clinton did. It took Clinton awhile to get his sealegs............... Obama is in the same deal, a little shaky but getting better as we speak. The RNC picked a black as head of the party, some loser named Steal i think. hahaha the republican party still believes in "TOKENS", just another example that clearly shows they are out of touch, the repubs are still thinking this is 1961 and the USA is still a world power in economics and business.

GEE, what will they do nrext? Run Rush Limpyballs for pres?

#30     Mar 11, 2009